User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Oberon

Marm, you should start your own company and base it on ethical economic principles. You know, like Ben & Jerry's. Show those old fvcks how it's done... turn the capital back over into the company so you can hire more and more people at a fair living wage, while keeping only a modest income for yourself. I'd like to see you do it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You can soak the CEOs in the interest of justice if you like, but that won't do much to solve the country's debt problem. There are too many aging boomers and not enough overpaid CEOs.
    So let's just throw all of our old people out in the street, then, natch.

There's a saying that something is very wrong with a society that doesn't respect its very young and its very old.

I mean, what is your suggestion? Kill 'em all?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Marm, you should start your own company and base it on ethical economic principles. You know, like Ben & Jerry's. Show those old fvcks how it's done... turn the capital back over into the company so you can hire more and more people at a fair living wage, while keeping only a modest income for yourself. I'd like to see you do it.
    That would be ideal.

Now what should I sell?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

That isn't how the game is played. Corporations and the very rich talk about how they need tax breaks to "provide" jobs and economic stimulus to society, but any cost they can pass on to the taxpayers (infrastructure, pollution cleanup, pensions AKA social security, etc.) they will do so. And politicians will whore themselves to that because concentrations of money in corporations and the very rich are much easier to harvest for favorable govt. policies than the average person.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So let's just throw all of our old people out in the street, then, natch.

There's a saying that something is very wrong with a society that doesn't respect its very young and its very old.

I mean, what is your suggestion? Kill 'em all?
    ?!?

I'm as aghast at the problem as you are, Marm. I'm just saying that soaking overpaid executives won't fix the problem; it's too big. Yeah, go ahead and do it if you like, if it makes you feel better, but you'll still be throwing someone's grandma in the dumpster by the end of the week.

I'm not saying this because I'm a bastard. I'm saying that's the current economic condition that we're in, like it or not.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That isn't how the game is played. Corporations and the very rich talk about how they need tax breaks to "provide" jobs and economic stimulus to society, but any cost they can pass on to the taxpayers (infrastructure, pollution cleanup, pensions AKA social security, etc.) they will do so. And politicians will whore themselves to that because concentrations of money in corporations and the very rich are much easier to harvest for favorable govt. policies than the average person.
    Politicians are cheap, you'd be a stupid capitalist not to take advantage of such an abundant, easily accessible resource.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Cut the fucking military budget
    Stop invading and occupying other nations.. It's expensive, more expensive than operating a hospital , or a Jail, or a University, and certainly more expensive that giving the tax payers something back for their money.

Do these assholes think the whole world is retarded??

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Mac, have you ever heard of a fellow by the name of Dr. James Goodnight?

His software company, SAS Inc., is the largest sole proprietorship in the US and far and away the most favored place to work in North Carolina and likely the entire nation. For Carolina residents, a gig at SAS is the Holy Grail of jobs. Because it's not a public-traded company, there are no shareholders to appease and Dr. Goodnight retains absolute control of company operations. Aside from above-average pay and benefits...

• SAS employs two artists full-time whose job it is to provide works of art for the corporate campus.
    • SAS raises beef cattle on its property in Cary, NC, to supply beef for the company dining halls.
    • In the largest of its three major cafeterias on the corporate campus, the company employs a pianist to play a grand piano during meals.
    • Breakrooms feature coffee, tea, water, and snacks to include plain and peanut M&Ms, all offered free of charge to employees and contractors.

This is what a company can do if its operating officers are not primarily interested in getting rich. Paradoxically, Dr. Goodnight is the wealthiest man in North Carolina.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That would be ideal.

Now what should I sell?
    I dunno. What do you do better than anyone else?

What vision do you have that nobody else can see?

What idea do you have that other people will buy into?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Mac, have you ever heard of a fellow by the name of Dr. James Goodnight?

His software company, SAS Inc., is the largest sole proprietorship in the US and far and away the most favored place to work in North Carolina and likely the entire nation. For Carolina residents, a gig at SAS is the Holy Grail of jobs. Because it's not a public-traded company, there are no shareholders to appease and Dr. Goodnight retains absolute control of company operations. Aside from above-average pay and benefits...

• SAS employs two artists full-time whose job it is to provide works of art for the corporate campus.
    • SAS raises beef cattle on its property in Cary, NC, to supply beef for the company dining halls.
    • In the largest of its three major cafeterias on the corporate campus, the company employs a pianist to play a grand piano during meals.
    • Breakrooms feature coffee, tea, water, and snacks to include plain and peanut M&Ms, all offered free of charge to employees and contractors.

This is what a company can do if its operating officers are not primarily interested in getting rich. Paradoxically, Dr. Goodnight is the wealthiest man in North Carolina.
    I have heard of him. Yet, he's one of a very few.