User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Nicodemus: oh wow, there are some pure assholes out there. I'm not sure you should have posted that, I am pretty mad now. I guess dropping the H-bombs on Japan wasn't enough "payback"?

A lot of Americans really think they're the centre of the world and no one else has suffered, eh?

My mom was born on December 7 1945 (not 1941). She said she's had many many Americans say "oh, Pearl Harbour!" to her. Idiots. She's a Finn, by the way.

So when other nations have natural disasters, what have they done to America that they're being punished for? Haiti, New Zealand, Chile?
    I saw similar things on twitter and it also made me angry. What made me rage further is the fact that the Japanese were tweeting things like "I love America" and the like after "Operation Tomodachi" was reported in the media. I couldn't bear the thought of Japanese people reading what these f*ckers were saying, it's just too cruel.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You know what? I live in Europe. And I can tell you that many, if not most Europeans hate Americans. For all kinds of ignorant knee-jerk reasons to do with their foreign policy, the fact that they're "loud" and "annoying", their ignorance of geography (in many cases), etc.

I'm a Canadian and I spend plenty of time telling Europeans to shut up and stop going on about AMericans because it's completely ignorant and judgmental and narrow. But you know what? When I see something like this, I understand why so much of the world hates America and Americans. Sorry, but it's true.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Who can possibly think this is somehow nature's karmic payback for Pearl Harbour? Are these people insane? Not much makes my jaw drop in amazement, but those statuses sure did.

Yet, if you're into that kind of "eye for an eye" thinking, the following should put things in perspective:

Death toll, bombing of Pearl Harbour 1941: 2500.
    Death toll, hydrogen bomb Hiroshima & Nagasaki 1945: ~ 200000.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Nicodemus: oh wow, there are some pure assholes out there. I'm not sure you should have posted that, I am pretty mad now. I guess dropping the H-bombs on Japan wasn't enough "payback"?
    I was amazed as well. They all, whether they are 20 or 60 years old, remember Pearl Harbor as if it were their favorite birthday, but they have no recollection of Hiroshima and Nagasaki whatsoever.

By the way: I looked some of the names up. These people do exist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I was amazed as well. They all, whether they are 20 or 60 years old, remember Pearl Harbor as if it were their favorite birthday, but they have no recollection of Hiroshima and Nagasaki whatsoever.
    It's actually frightening. As though "payback" should go on forever and there is no atrocity in world history to compare with Pearl Harbour. I am sure there used to be lots of people who thought that way, but I would have thought that most of them had stopped taking up space on the face of the earth by now.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP

You know what? I live in Europe. And I can tell you that many, if not most Europeans hate Americans. For all kinds of ignorant knee-jerk reasons to do with their foreign policy, the fact that they're "loud" and "annoying", their ignorance of geography (in many cases), etc.

I'm a Canadian and I spend plenty of time telling Europeans to shut up and stop going on about AMericans because it's completely ignorant and judgmental and narrow. But you know what? When I see something like this, I understand why so much of the world hates America and Americans. Sorry, but it's true.
    Haters gonna hate

One cannot dispute this simple fact

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    By the way: I looked some of the names up. These people do exist.
    Me too ... incredible.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Haters gonna hate

One cannot dispute this simple fact
    It may be a fact...but to the folks who posted that kind of crap on FB and Twitter I say, don't give people a screamingly loud and clear reason to hate you!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Yes, it IS true. Which is why I think I am fortunate enough to live in California. Then again most of the professors have told me that, if I was ever thinking of traveling, don't bring the U.S. flag. Either bring a Canadian flag, or maybe the flag of California (or in my case... not bringing any at all.) Lie and say that you aren't from America (that you are from Canada,) or just say that you are from California or maybe Hawaii (might add New York in there?) as the outside perception of these states aren't as bad as some others. By all means, find something that gives you a distance from the bad perception of America.

MBTI
    INTP

It may be a fact...but to the folks who posted that kind of crap on FB and Twitter I say, don't give people a screamingly loud and clear reason to hate you!
    Hate lays waste to the hater. It takes so much effort to hate something, and it all yields nothing of value to either party.