User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Now it's possible that the sea was contaminated as well... I suspect this disaster will have pretty lasting effects. :sad:

Also, there has apparently been another earthquake at Burma. Approximatedly 75 casualties. Are they related? As in, a chain reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Conquer everything, best everyone, don't quit, work hard, enjoy life
    Sounds good.

Nobody knows how long the scheduled blackouts are going to last. People are saying a year, at least through summer. A lot of foreigners have left, or so I have heard. I don't know anyone that left. We are going to stay.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

the one friend over there ive been able to get ahold of is leaving as soon as he and his family can, he's canadian born, been living there for awhile though, just had a baby a couple months ago...I can understand, its a big scare, especially for a young first time father...but I also understand those who want to stay and see it out... heck, I probably wouldnt leave if I had been there when this all started, and its not even my home...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

Yeah, people are scared. My family in NZ is freaked out. But it isn't as easy as 1,2,3 to leave. It basically means throwing everything away and moving. Pretty hard, especially as this is my wife's home town.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

yeah, thats what my friend is doing, they are leaving everything behind they cant fit in a couple suitcases... planning to ship a few more valuable things... but they will still have to leave most of it behind... *sigh* I wish none of you over there had to go through any of it...I wish none of it ever happened... silly to wish I know...wishing wont do anything...it doesnt help anyone... I am glad at least that it is not worse...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Stunning video shows wrath of Japan Tsunami

A stunning video posted on YouTube captures the Japan tsunami ravaging the city of Kesennuma, in the northeastern part of the country.

The clip begins as a wall of water breaches the coastline and starts sweeping away a parking lot of cars. Sirens sound and a man's voice is heard giving alerts as the water quickly engulfs the entire area. Within minutes, the surging water has left a path of mass destruction as cars are swept away and buildings are reduced to rubble.

Kesennuma, located 300 miles northeast of Tokyo in Miyagi prefecture, was near the epicenter of the March 11 earthquake that triggered the tsunami. The magnitude-9 quake was the strongest ever to strike the nation.

Watch the video here:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOfy1CoxrMo&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOfy1CoxrMo&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

FigerPuppet

Jesus. An 8.9 has just been measured in Fukushima. Apparently the roof of the building containing reactor has collapsed, and there's yet another tsunami warning out. Someone must have really pissed in God's cereal.

ThatGirl

You're kidding.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Is this true? I've not been able to find anything on the internet yet...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Is this true? I've not been able to find anything on the internet yet...
    Hold on, I'm currently collecting sources.