User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Here's a Nat Geo page with before/after google satellite images. edit: You can zoom in on each of the images, for both 'before' and 'after'. (Haven't read rest of thread, apologies if this has been posted.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    I get rather emotional when i hear about the workers sacrificing themselves to fix it.. I look up to their ethics/morale.
    Me too.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My aunt was able to fly out of Japan this weekend (she's lived there for years). She had to evacuate her home, I think she lived somewhat near the nuclear plant. So that's a relief for me.

I can't imagine what the cleanup and rebuilding process will be like. The pictures are insane.
    -end of thread-

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Glad your aunt is ok, Random. I have heard that a Japanese woman who I knew slightly in Canada lost a friend in the disaster. Tragically, she was from another part of Japan, but was traveling in the area. I think that friends of my friends in Japan may also have lost people but I have not had confirmation yet.

I actually spoke yesterday with my friend who lives with her husband near Osaka. She's an INFJ, and very affected by the sadness of the news that she sees...but she says that the Western media is in many ways making things look worse than they are and the Japanese media is more balanced. I mean, thing are very, very bad in the disaster area and a lot of people have died, but there has been so much focus on the bad stories (more than people helping each other, etc), and the situation with the reactor which has in many ways been blown out of proportion. It was good to get her perspective.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Thanks for posting that video. A mate was telling me about that, hadn't seen it yet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Just had my television replaced a few days ago. Been watching NHK pretty much non-stop since. Looks like the situation is getting stable - they'll need to refill the fuel rods with fresh water, replacing the previously applied salt water. Man, life in Japan seems laid back, indeed. I like how every thing appears down to earth, though, must admit, seems a little too laid back. How also do you have over 120 million inhabitants fit into a small country like Japan, and still have it being the second largest economy in the world?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Just had my television replaced a few days ago. Been watching NHK pretty much non-stop since. Looks like the situation is getting stable - they'll need to refill the fuel rods with fresh water, replacing the previously applied salt water. Man, life in Japan seems laid back, indeed. I like how every thing appears down to earth, though, must admit, seems a little too laid back. How also do you have over 120 million inhabitants fit into a small country like Japan, and still have it being the second largest economy in the world?
    Conquer everything, best everyone, don't quit, work hard, enjoy life

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

They have a very strong sense of community and an ethic of looking out for the interests of others, so most things run very smoothly. I like that a lot.

This story about the crack in the reactor is very worrying, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING