User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but someone pointed out to me how interesting it was that despite all the tragedy and chaos etc., there have been no reports of looting, vandalism, fighting, or general insanity to my knowledge. Could the same be said if natural disaster struck here?

I cannot imagine what it must be like over there right now. Any suggested charitable organizations to donate to?
    Well, it could be due to their culture, or it could be due to the borderline apocalyptic nature of the storm. My money is both.

Seconded about the organization.

They are having blackouts all over the country. We are having ours from 13:30 until 17:30. Don't know how many days that will last. The gas stations have no gas left. And I am a way away from the centre of the quake. Lots of businesses are closed because of the blackouts.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Poor Japan

Those 'Pearl Harbour karma' people are sickos.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    They are having blackouts all over the country. We are having ours from 13:30 until 17:30. Don't know how many days that will last. The gas stations have no gas left. And I am a way away from the centre of the quake. Lots of businesses are closed because of the blackouts.
    Hope you stocked up like A LOT. Since I've been reading that store shelves have practically been cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    In fact, I've witnessed comments on-line of Americans complaining about us aiding the Japanese at all.
    Yeah well, I'm human first; nationality is further on down the list. Getting it the other way around has always been a mystery to me... a world where birthright is more relevant than species and children are more important than people? It's a bizarre mentality.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    Hope you stocked up like A LOT. Since I've been reading that store shelves have practically been cleaned.
    Yeah, I haven't been shopping. But my wife said there is no bread and milk, stuff like that. And the shops are packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Poor Japan

Those 'Pearl Harbour karma' people are sickos.
    There are always going to be idiots around.

I heard the earthquake won't end for weeks.

Also this today

A tsunami alert has been issued by the NOAA's National Weather Service to Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, Kirbati Islands, Hawaii, Mexico and many islands on the Pacific coasts
    Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1216...#ixzz1GXSVv513

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, I haven't been shopping. But my wife said there is no bread and milk, stuff like that. And the shops are packed.
    Hope, you have enough food to last a while then >.<.

Quote Originally Posted by nstarz View Post
    I heard the earthquake won't end for weeks.
    It never really ends in Japan. They have 1,300 noticeable earthquakes per year.