User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should minimum wage be abolished?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    10 18.52%
  • No.

    39 72.22%
  • I don't know.

    5 9.26%
First 142223242526 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 268

  1. #231
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Some hamburger assemblers are better paid than other hamburger assemblers.

    And I've noticed that the restaurants who pay their hamburger assemblers more than minimum wage and/or provide them with benefits tend to also have better quality hamburgers.
    As it should be. Surely, some hamburgers are more valuable than others




  2. #232
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default


    Double-Double Animal Style + Fries by Laughing Squid, on Flickr

    I was thinking more along the lines of this, but okay.

  3. #233
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    See, that's what's faulty here - poor working conditions are not better than having no work. It's just that without work, you starve, so you force yourself into a worse position simply so you can eat. This is how the system is ultimately coercive.
    ???

    So, you're saying it's better to starve than have poor working conditions?

    Eh, this argument went over my head the moment I started it. Blame my mother for my belief, she's the one who planted the idea in my head, I'm just going to assume you guys all know what you're talking about.

    If this many people are against me, I guess I have to be wrong. What ever.

  4. #234
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You're so Fe.

  5. #235
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

    I'm just going to assume you guys all know what you're talking about.

    If this many people are against me, I guess I have to be wrong. What ever.
    Thats the silliest thing in this entire thread

  6. #236
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    no. i am an advocate of capping how much money people should be allowed to have, however, as well as getting rid of corporate tax cuts. i'm sorry, but you don't need that extra million. i don't give a shit how hard your granddaddy worked or whether it's "your money". people are starving. give up a damn yacht and let a few thousand children eat and give back jobs to the middle class. the government exists for the good of the people, not to protect your expensive ass.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get on your horse and ride.
    Vote for best post. We all need to be reminded of that from time to time. Get on your horse and ride. Love it.


  8. #238
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, that would be a good argument, you just didn't give me any reason to believe that argument.

    Why should I believe that more people would die in the streets because of not having enough money, rather than fewer because the unemployed would be able to get jobs and food?

    Also, I would prefer you didn't call me "he." You don't have to call me "she," if you don't want to, but you could at least call me "it." That would be preferable...

    Oh, and umm... I wasn't in a good mood yesterday when I started this thread. I was sick.

    You know, actually... could you just pretend like I never said anything on this topic at all? If I'd known people were just going to get mad and snark at me, I would have kept the thoughts to myself, and I'm probably going to dismiss them later.

    I take it all back, okay? I believe in minimum wage. It's all my fault, okay? Just leave me alone, everyone...
    I was too harsh for the situation. I'm sorry. I was irritated, which is not an excuse.

    There's nothing wrong with wanting to abolish the minimum wage, I mean I don't think it's a good idea, but you aren't a bad person for thinking that it is. If you're curious, I think the reason people jumped on you is that

    A) it's a controversial idea because it has a lot of very obvious, immediate drawbacks for a class of people with a shitty life already, AND
    B) you provided no logical reasoning for your position, AND
    C) you don't have any experience living in that situation, and you're making some false assumptions about what is and isn't possible, AND
    D) your entire rationale seemed to be that you haven't yet found a job so "the system is broken, fix it someone!"

    Just fyi.
    -end of thread-

  9. #239
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, that would be a good argument, you just didn't give me any reason to believe that argument.

    Why should I believe that more people would die in the streets because of not having enough money, rather than fewer because the unemployed would be able to get jobs and food?

    Also, I would prefer you didn't call me "he." You don't have to call me "she," if you don't want to, but you could at least call me "it." That would be preferable...

    Oh, and umm... I wasn't in a good mood yesterday when I started this thread. I was sick.

    You know, actually... could you just pretend like I never said anything on this topic at all? If I'd known people were just going to get mad and snark at me, I would have kept the thoughts to myself, and I'm probably going to dismiss them later.

    I take it all back, okay? I believe in minimum wage. It's all my fault, okay? Just leave me alone, everyone...
    Well I actually liked this thread. Very controversial, more exciting to read and talk about... But, I wouldn't want to own a thread like this myself. I just like to talk in them. Smashing the OP. A pastime that we all have in common. Everyone taking turns to be the OP.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #240
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

    Double-Double Animal Style + Fries by Laughing Squid, on Flickr

    I was thinking more along the lines of this, but okay.
    Concept in Action Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

    So, you're saying it's better to starve than have poor working conditions?
    My thoughts as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

    Eh, this argument went over my head the moment I started it. Blame my mother for my belief, she's the one who planted the idea in my head, I'm just going to assume you guys all know what you're talking about.

    If this many people are against me, I guess I have to be wrong. What ever.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think K.U. should be granted permission to bring her poor mother to Japan?
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 08:06 PM
  2. What do you think it means to be TRULY good?
    By SecondBest in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 03:41 AM
  3. Do you think that MBTI would be a useful tool in criminal profiling?
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
  4. Do you think everything that should be done, can be done?
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 12:04 PM
  5. Time to re-evaluate myself (again?) - what do you think I am/could be?
    By TenebrousReflection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO