User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Your argument is not with me, bud, but the Supreme Court, in that circumstance
    And what has the Supreme Court said about public unions?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

They clearly did not run on stripping worker's bargaining rights based on the reaction from the people in Wisconsin. The Dems fleeing was an act for the benefit of the people to prevent the Republicans from passing such a bill that is blatantly unsupported by the very people who pay their salaries.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    They clearly did not run on stripping worker's bargaining rights based on the reaction from the people in Wisconsin. The Dems fleeing was an act for the benefit of the people to prevent the Republicans from passing such a bill that is blatantly unsupported by the very people who pay their salaries.
    Bullshit, those tens of thousands of protesters packing the capital were make-believe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Bullshit, those tens of thousands of protesters packing the capital were make-believe
    As were the people who voted for the Republicans, I suppose.

Anyway, whether or not Scott Walker ran on this legislation (I don't have the time to research all of the Senators or Assembymen) is up in the air: here are a couple of articles, the first supports your and KilgoreTrout's contention, the second one does not.

http://politifact.com/wisconsin/stat...mpaigned-his-/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...es_552370.html

If you think the Wisconsin Republicans lied about their intentions, go ahead and oppose them on that basis (plenty of Independents seem to think that national Democrats lied about their intentions, after all). If your wishes come true and this is overturned, I guess I'll just have to console myself with the countless jobs leaving states like Wisconsin and California and heading towards right-to-work states.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    As were the people who voted for the Republicans, I suppose.

Anyway, whether or not Scott Walker ran on this legislation (I don't have the time to research all of the Senators or Assembymen) is up in the air: here are a couple of articles, the first supports your and KilgoreTrout's contention, the second one does not.

http://politifact.com/wisconsin/stat...mpaigned-his-/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...es_552370.html

If you think the Wisconsin Republicans lied about their intentions, go ahead and oppose them on that basis (plenty of Independents seem to think that national Democrats lied about their intentions, after all). If your wishes come true and this is overturned, I guess I'll just have to console myself with the countless jobs leaving states like Wisconsin and California and heading towards right-to-work states.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...gaining_rights

It isn't just that people voted Republican, it is that an actual majority (not a plurality) of Wisconsinites are against eliminating collective bargaining. It is a slap in the face, no matter how you look at it.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    And what has the Supreme Court said about public unions?
    I'm not going to do your work for you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    [url]It isn't just that people voted Republican, it is that an actual majority (not a plurality) of Wisconsinites are against eliminating collective bargaining. It is a slap in the face, no matter how you look at it.
    And so far, Scott Walker is losing the public relations battle in Wisconsin, though he seems to be holding steady with plurality support at the national level. I find it interesting that there is a substantial dispreprency between the numbers who actually voted for Walker and those who said they voted for him in that poll, though. I also find it interesting that a majority of national independents now seem to oppose public unions, and the amount of overall opposition has increased since last year (that information is available from a linked article to the one you posted). I wonder what the numbers will be several months from now? I like the national trends, if not the Wisconsin trends.

If the Wisconsin voters have buyer's remorse, they can (as onemoretime has already noted) easily rectify the situation during the next election cycle-its not like this bill is as far-reaching and difficult to overturn as the odious national health-care bill, after all.

We'll see what the numbers are a little while from now, after people have time to absorb the news and reflect on the fact that public unions have been taking advantage of their monopoly control of public goods to screw over other taxpayers and increase the costs of government services.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't think new employees should get them. But employees who have already been promised a pension, probably. There are other things which can be cut first. A contract is a contract.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window