User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm not sure what this data means. I recall seeing recent data that US spending has increased from about 20% to almost 25% of GDP, while tax revenues are at < 18% of GDP (hence the deficit). 34% of GDP doesn't sound right, even for 3 years ago in 2007. What's the disconnect in these numbers?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I don't know.
    OK.

Here: http://www.deptofnumbers.com/blog/20...action-of-gdp/ is the number I was thinking of. It's total Federal tax revenue. This is a useful number because the Federal government doesn't get to account for state and local revenues in its budget.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...centage_of_GDP is a set of numbers more like your chart, except the US is at 28% according to one set of data, and 24% according to another. The US numbers here supposedly include all levels of taxation in the US, not just Federal. This is a useful number because it determines an overall tax burden on the US economy.

In both cases, the 34% in the chart above appears too high, though the relative rankings as given in the chart are unchanged using the WIKI numbers (original source: the Heritage Foundation). There's probably something else that is getting counted as tax revenues in the US that doesn't seem to affect Germany or France too much: Germany and France are only 1-3% higher, while the US is off by 6-12% (about 21-43%, relatively speaking). Maybe the GDP denominator is being measured by a different source?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

PPP is an economics best guess term if you consider its calculation. That is all.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by redScorpion View Post
    I
    But in France, looking people in the eye, is actually a very popular way to get beaten to death, especially in suburbs or banlieues (dangerous areas).
    Total bullshit.

Mais où-donc as-tu été foutre les pieds pour raconter des idioties pareilles? Tu vote Le Pen, dis-moi?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Total bullshit.

Mais où-donc as-tu été foutre les pieds pour raconter des idioties pareilles? Tu vote Le Pen, dis-moi?
    Non, c'est pas de la "bullshit", je ne sais pas ou t'habites mais ou j'ai grandi ca se passe comme ca. Mais c'est vrai que dans le reste du pays, c'est plus calme.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No no no, I know the situation in France, it's mostly Afro-arab muslim gangs who dont what to do of their days, they beat up people for "pleasure".

In my life, there are at least three times I got in a serious fight with knives with people, just because I was "looking" at them. It happens everyday.

Recent News story in France : A regular guy got in a fight because he was "looking" at the gang (they interpreted it as a "provocation"). The regular guy stabbed one of the guys in neck with scissors. The gangbanger is dead.
    But French people are happy that someone finally "responded"...
    Hateful post with racist content.

I'm French too, I live in a predominantly "Afro-muslim" neighboroud, and I've never witnessed what you describe. To make such generalization of isolated crimes is deeply offensive.
    Even if the moderators here don't know it, when you put your sentence into the French context, it's classic FN propaganda.
    The FN (Front National) being our Far right Fascistic party in France, of cource.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Non, c'est pas de la "bullshit", je ne sais pas ou t'habites mais ou j'ai grandi ca se passe comme ca. Mais c'est vrai que dans le reste du pays, c'est plus calme.
    Ecoute, à moi tu ne me la feras pas. Je connais la "banlieue", j'y ai même vécu et il m'arrive régulièrement d'aller y travailler pour observer ces quartiers "à problèmes" comme tu dirais (je bosse dans l'urbanisme).
    Des rapports de socio, des expériences de première main, j'en ai à la pelle.
    Même l'immeuble et le quartier où je vis (dans le 19ème à Paris) sont à majorité "afro-musulmane", et je n'ai jamais souffert de ce que tu décris. Tu généralises sur des faits qui arrivent deux ou trois par an sur tout le territoire national, grand maximum.

Là, ce que tu nous serts c'est de la propagande FN à deux cacahuètes.

Je préviens aussitôt la modération de ce genre de trollage raciste caractérisé. Ils connaissent peut-être mal le contexte français, mais il ne faut pour autant les prendre pour des idiots non plus.

7w8 SCUxI

Blackmail, as an FYI, the OP claims he's an Afro-Frenchman who's Conservative to the max, who doesn't support multi-culturalism even though he's purportedly an export from the U.S. and has lived in many countries, laid many women, even though he's a 21 year old.

You're not going to get too much rational argument from him. He takes a stance and even when proven wrong, will either not acknowledge the facts given or will try to manipulate and lie his way out of it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Hateful post with racist content.

I'm French too, I live in a predominantly "Afro-muslim" neighboroud, and I've never witnessed what you describe. To make such generalization of isolated crimes is deeply offensive.

Pourquoi tu mens ? T'habites ou pour dire que t'habites un "Afro-muslim" neighborHOod ?

Even if the moderators here don't know it, when you put your sentence into the French context, it's classic FN propaganda.
    The FN (Front National) being our Far right Fascistic party in France, of cource.
    Arrete tes conneries de "facho". Le Fn est un parti conservateur et patriote (sioniste aussi). Selon les derniers sondages Ifop
    , Marine le Pen atteint entre 19 et 20% des intentions de votes, alors je pense qu'il faut dire que 20% des francais sont des mechants nazis, selon tes dires.