User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Yes.

But still, this test is a propaganda tool. A classic one.
    Have you ever read Marx on the alienation of the working class? It seems the designers of this test did.
    In that case, please elaborate. Because I can not at all see how you came to that conclusion.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTj

Your political compass

Please remain at your current location. U.S. agents are on their way over to discuss your score.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Your political compass

Please remain at your current location. U.S. agents are on their way over to discuss your score.
    Why am I not suprised?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    If you read the FAQ and analysis, you will see why there is a shift between the centre of the cartesian system and the current statistical centre. The system is supposed to contain all possible positions ever offered to mankind, not what is currently the consensus.
    That's false. The statistical centre of this test falls deep within the green quadrant, and it's deliberate. Even right wing people I know would be very likely to score within the green quadrant, I've witnessed it countless times.

I agree that the webside looks a bit biased towards the green box due to choice of names in the that quadrant, but the authors swear on their mothers' graves that they are neutral and more interested in the theoretical system (Ti much?) than in the actual current politics. In fact, they say in the FAQ that they have been accused of both right wing and left winf bias. So those should cancel each other out.
    Are you that naive?

But a conspiracy? Really??? A propaganda tool? That idea might say more about your position on the map than about the makers of the webside.
    A trotskist one, to be accurate.

I'm a hopeless Leftist liberal myself. But manipulating others this way ashames me. I would not like to trick people to convert them to my own political views.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

That's false. The statistical centre of this test falls deep within the green quadrant, and it's deliberate. Even right wing people I know would be very likely to score in the green quadrant, I've witnessed it.
    Then how come members on this forum (which, as has been discussed ad nauseam, tends to have an overall liberal bias) scored on the right side? And the known outspoken conservative members of the forum haven't even participated yet. Where have you seen the average scoring of the test takers of the webside? I couldn't find it and read that they did not show that data because the group of online users was self selective (much like an enquiry among the readers of a specific newspaper).

Are you that naive?
    Apparently.

A trotskist one, to be accurate.

I'm a hopeless Leftist liberal myself. But manipulating others this way ashames me. I would not like to trick people to convert them to my own views.
    I understand your hesitance and share some of it (as explained yesterday in my blog), but you still haven't explained how exactly they manipulate users and how that makes them Trotskists trying to create an angry mob with torches and pitchforks. Also, isn't the alienation of the workers all about making people believe they are part a system they do not belong to? According to you, the trotzkist makers are doing the opposite: illustrating difference.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

In that case, please elaborate. Because I can not at all see how you came to that conclusion.
    OK.

The underlying idea behind this test is to make you think you're manipulated by a dominant conservative political class. That you're not voting for the interests of your own social class but theirs.

That's exactly what Marx wrote about the actual alienation of the modern working class. Commie propaganda expects you to realize how alienated you really are.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

But a conspiracy? Really??? A propaganda tool? That idea might say more about your position on the map than about the makers of the webside.

Damn it, I really, really, didn't want this to turn into a debate.
    Why? Well, anyway, this is less of a propaganda tool than the other operation political homeless compass, which was openly free market libertarian in its emphasis, you were either libertarian or wicked pretty much in it. This one is not bad.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/libertarian/quiz/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Then how come members on this forum (which, as has been discussed ad nauseam, tends to have an overall liberal bias) scored on the right side? And the known outspoken conservative members of the forum haven't even participated yet. Where have you seen the average scoring of the test takers of the webside?
    This test has already been posted here several times, just in case you don't know. It's several years old.

And the case of who really hides behind those who designed this test has been the subject of countless threads in other fora.
    So far it seems that it's WRP activists.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

OK.

The underlying idea behind this test is to make you think you're manipulated by a dominant conservative political class. That's you're not voting for the interests of your own social class but theirs.

That's exactly what Marx wrote about the actual alienation of the modern working class. Commie propaganda expects you to realize how alienated you really are.
    That implies that so far you have been voting for a party that does not represent your personal position (nowhere do they ask what social stratosphere you belong to). You could have figured out that much without the test, couldn't you? This is really just a list of more or less universal issues and a graphic summary of where the total balance lies for an individual or a political group. Of course you will have some diverse points of view, as wolfy said, that's why they calculate an average after balancing out. Where do they talk about classes at all or which quadrant better represents the interests of certain social groups? That is your reading of it (because, as you said, you are a leftist at heart), but they don't say it anywhere and somebody with different core values and basic assumptions than you might read it in a whole different way.

Beside, they place some parties and politicians in the green quadrant that are very clearly NOT communist at all. Why shouldn't I vote for the German green party (which on many issues these days is the FDP with a superficial green paint job on top) if they too are in the green quadrant? It's not like "the system" is in the blue quadrant and "the people" are in the green one.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56