First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I got put off by the first question and didn't bother continueing the test.

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

Serving the interests of trans-national corporations inevitably servers the interest of humanity as a whole. Attempting to serve humanity without serving trans-national corporations is for people who want to live in leaf covered huts next to a river from which they catch their dinner and a little patch of land where they grow their salads. The problem is, there are too many of us to all fit next to a river with out own little patch of land, and there just won't be enough fish salads to go around for everyone.

*cough* I suppose it's typically left winged to not see through the obviously left-winged question. *cough* And there you have the answer as to my wing. :P
    That's the point, though. Few people on the right would say that they advocate the interests of trans-national corporations at the expense of humanity. It's precisely the belief that the interests of the corporations inevitably serve the interests of everyone that causes people to answer in the "right" way.

Personally, I don't have that kind of faith.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.82
    Almost in the middle of the bottom left green square, a bit below Gandhi
    I also enjoy the company of Mandela and the Dalai Lama

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    That's the point, though. Few people on the right would say that they advocate the interests of trans-national corporations at the expense of humanity. It's precisely the belief that the interests of the corporations inevitably serve the interests of everyone that causes people to answer in the "right" way.

Personally, I don't have that kind of faith.

"primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of"

When of opinion that you can not primarily serve humanity without serving the interests of trans-national corporations, in the sense that they are directly corrolated, in fact, the same. I find myself in a position to be unable to answer this particular question. A question that makes a clear distinction between both interests, where there is none.

If you can tell me how you can serve humanity on a global scale, whilest keeping social structures at the same level or better then they are currently (admittadly a biased variable, but in the end we all live in the same world, and we all strive to improve out situation), whilest not serving the interests of trans-national corporations. I'd honestly be all ears though. I just can't think of it myself and have never heard anyone with a (workable) solution to that dilemma.

If I put it lightly, since it's a very, very broad subject and I can't just draw a conclusion that would do it justice anyway, I'd say that not serving the interests of trans-national corporations is much more likely to decrease the quality of living of the average human being in the long term, than to cause an increase. Not to mention to potential chaos that could give birth to many short term problems.

That said. Without any comparison, I'm sure out future sons and daughters could be very happy with what they'll have, wether it is more or less than what we have right now. But that's a matter of perspective. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

This test is deliberately flawed.

Those who conceived wanted that everybody falls in the green corner, so that they could realize that they are "oppressed" by so-called fascistic governments (blue square). It's a propaganda tool.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Uh uh. I'm going lefty libertarian. Help!

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -4.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
    Put another way, I'm more and more like Ghandi every day... except with clothes and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail!
    This test is deliberately flawed.

Those who conceived wanted that everybody falls in the green corner, so that they could realize that they are "oppressed" by so-called fascistic governments (blue square). It's a propaganda tool.
    I don't take these tests very seriously to start with.
    But I appreciate seeing the criticism [of the test] by those more knowledgeable within this thread.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

To all those who were unhappy with either the questions or the results of the test: Did you read the FAQ and read them thoroughly?

Of course the test is flawed but the FAQ will explain a lot of what has been mentioned here.

As for the question on people being unlucky: They don't specifically mention homeless people, but your answer implied that you see this as the result of either choice or misfortune or structural problems. If you think it is more misfortune than choice or structural, answer yes. If you think it is more structural /(or choice) answer no. As is explained in the FAQ, they also ask about a believe in fate and luck etc (the astrology question) because they link it to the authoritarian scale on a more psychological level.

As for the answer on globalization: If you think the two don't exclude each other or even depend on each other, you should obviously answer no.

Really, it's not that difficult.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

I've done this quiz before, I think its better than the operation political homeless compass which has a bias towards generating libertarian capitalist results and is very Americanised, mind you there are still questions in this which I think are ambiguous and their framing could be result in their being choosen by left or right wing individuals.

I'm on the complete border for instance between authoritarian and libertarian but there was a time when I was placed deep, deep into the libertarian quadrant. I would not say that my opinion has changed a lot or even at all, I'm pretty consistent in my views.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Also, the blue box is not "the fascist box". Most current Western governments and societies fall in the moderate section of that box. Fascism would be near the vertical axis and at the very top of it. The rest of the quadrant has no more to do with fascism than the top left quadrant has to do with stalinism (which is only an extreme point of the quadrant which also contains many European governments of the last few decades that are definitely not stalinist or communiust at all).

If you read the FAQ and analysis, you will see why there is a shift between the centre of the cartesian system and the current statistical centre. The system is supposed to contain all possible positions ever offered to mankind, not what is currently the consensus.

I agree that the webside looks a bit biased towards the green box due to choice of names in the that quadrant, but the authors swear on their mothers' graves that they are neutral and more interested in the theoretical system (Ti much?) than in the actual current politics. In fact, they say in the FAQ that they have been accused of both right wing and left winf bias. So those should cancel each other out.

But a conspiracy? Really??? A propaganda tool? That idea might say more about your position on the map than about the makers of the webside.

Damn it, I really, really, didn't want this to turn into a debate.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    To all those who were unhappy with either the questions or the results of the test: Did you read the FAQ and read them thoroughly?
    Yes.

But still, this test is a propaganda tool. A classic one.
    Have you ever read Marx on the alienation of the working class? It seems the designers of this test did.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Meh, doesn't matter much, my actual political bias goes completely outside of the box anyways, so I did not expect such a test to show a credible result in my case..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf