User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I remember explaining that to you. What didn't you understand? Do you have anything substantive to add here?
    So in other words I should shut up?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    So in other words I should shut up?
    No, I want to know if you have anything to add, since you were clearly unconvinced.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

this thread is embarrassing

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

wonder what would have happened if, africans started out in europe and russia and europeans started out in africa and asians in america., how things might have progressed

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    No, I want to know if you have anything to add, since you were clearly unconvinced.
    I will indeed shut up then, and leave you to your absurd premise.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    This topic came up once before and I was informed by several members of the forum that race doesn't exist... so I let it go.
    it doesn't? lolmirrorlol

MBTI
    yupp

and this ladies in gentlemen is one of the reasons why racism and sexism still exists. there's retarded jews and retarded asians, there's also smart africans. I'm pretty retarded myself despite coming from a long line of intelligent people. I mean maybe it's because I'm from the south, must be the reason, how do I breathe? I'm too stupid to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    wonder what would have happened if, africans started out in europe and russia and europeans started out in africa and asians in america., how things might have progressed
    Well, humanity in Europe/Russia and Africa would probably be too busy with high fatality rates to accomplish much of anything-unlike intelligence, certain physical characteristics are objectively better suited to certain environments, especially without the aid of advanced technology and social organization. Also, most evidence suggests that Europeans and Asians originated in Africa, but I'm guessing that you're talking about after distinguishing traits became apparent. As for Asians in America....um, they were kinda the first ones there (or at least arrived so long ago and displaced any previous inhabitants so thoroughly that it makes no real difference).

Permabanned

I'm half black. Actually, I'm half African. I grew up in a country where the average IQ is reportedly in the low 70's.

First things first...
    we are assuming that IQ equals intelligence. This is far from fact. What exactly is intelligence? Intelligence is a very subjective and ultimately (I think) an unknowable concept. So just based on that alone I can conclude that while I might have an IQ that is considered low it doesn't mean that I am in fact unintelligent. It just means that I have a low IQ. If I do have a low IQ it just means whatever IQ is in fact measuring (which is a whole other topic (with very interesting discussions)) I have a comparatively low amount of it.

Now, assuming I do have a low IQ (which statistically speaking is probable, depending on the agreed upon terms) what does it matter? As long as I am happy, as long as I am successful, as long as I live life according to how I want to live it, I could have an IQ of 10 and die a successful man.

Put another way..why have an IQ of 200 when you don't consider yourself successful? Or does having an IQ of 200 make you successful? (however you personally define that term). I guess those are questions you get to answer yourself..but I personally don't define myself by IQ.

Growing up..competition in school was fierce. We were ranked. The person who had the highest grades was honored. There was certainly some pressure to do well in school..not because it was a good thing to do..just to prove yourself "better". I managed to get "good" grades, but not the "best". Yet..the average IQ of these people was borderline retarded? I have since come to the states...and I still manage to get "good" but not the "best" grades..yet the average IQ here is reportedly 2 standard deviations higher?

To me it seems arbitrary to measure yourself by external concepts like IQ (or religion, or anything like that) because ultimately they are concepts (systems) defined and created by humans and are therefore ultimately flawed.

So the question becomes one of "do I burden myself with trying to achieve a high IQ or (by extension) proving to myself and others that I am in fact intelligent?" or "do I burden myself with trying to make myself successful (whatever that means to me..)?"

This question can be applied in so many different ways...
    "Do I let IQ/Religion/Race/Democracy/MBTI/Science etc etc define who I am?" or "Do I let those systems make suggestions?"
    "Am I defined by how others see me?" or "Am I me...(even if I can't understand me)...and those systems are just attempts to define me?"

I guess everyone gets to answer those questions for themselves...

So..my comment on the fact that race and IQ are correlated is...I don't care.
    My comment on your suggestion that IQ equals intelligence is...prove it.
    My comment on race and intelligence being correlated is...prove it.
    My comment on your assertion that I am unintelligent because of my race is...I think it's funny that you think your opinion on such matters matters more to me than my own opinion. If your opinion was fact...then it wouldn't be opinion..it would be fact. But it isn't fact..it's just opinion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I mean maybe it's because I'm from the south, must be the reason, how do I breathe? I'm too stupid to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.
    I inhale stupidity and exhale awesome.

And also piss glitter. And period silk.

Everything hurts.

I am from the South too. Perhaps I'm a mutant?
    a cat is fine too