First 5131415

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Change 'conservative movement' (which in the context of your post is implicitly 'white') to 'American black culture' and you get the same beliefs you were complaining about; that was my point. You cant dismiss one point of view as illegitimate or 'toxic' while at the same time advocating a view that shares the same essential characteristics, at least not without something more than anecdotal evidence to back up the differentiation.
    Precisely my criticism is phrasing things according to race, which people cannot help and are therefore not right or wrong, while political affiliation is what we all CHOOSE, and CAN be have elements that are right or wrong in themselves.

So that's why I use "conservative" instead of "white". Because it's not "white". A lot of whites are liberal, or other views, and there are black conservatives as well.
    In this particular debate, the lines have kind of formed around a lot of blacks favoring liberalism, and the whites who feel the liberals are taking something from them begin conservative. But the racial divide is superficial, and what I'm getting at is the political ideologies, so those are the best terms to use.

Framing it as race is not only inaccurate to begin with, it also cause the very misunderstandings and resentment (and often backlash; the so-called "cards' being played, etc) we see in these issues.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So that's why I use "conservative" instead of "white". Because it's not "white". A lot of whites are liberal, or other views, and there are black conservatives as well.
    In this particular debate, the lines have kind of formed around a lot of blacks favoring liberalism, and the whites who feel the liberals are taking something from them begin conservative. But the racial divide is superficial, and what I'm getting at is the political ideologies, so those are the best terms to use.
    Which do you think is a better predictor of voting behavoir, if someone self-identifies as 'black' or if someone self-identifies as 'Christian conservative'? There is a multifacested 'black' subculture in the United States just as there is a multifaceted 'Christian conservative' (and overwhelmingly white) sub-culture.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

They might be the same, but still, we should give people the benefit of the doubt and address their voting patterns by the beliefs they have chosen, and not what they were born as.

------------
    Another difference that might vary according to race is temperament/type itself. While every race has all types, of course, there do seem to be greater numbers of one or the other. There have been topics posted showing the stats on that.

I know Tim LaHaye (who did temperament theory on the side) even said that the Caucasians produced a lot of Cholerics. That is a pretty "take charge" kind of temperament. So we see a lot of ESTJ, ENTJ and ESTP; two of which running neck and neck as the dominant type of Western society in general. (And perhaps more of the other NT's than other people as well).

That would provide one inoffensive explanation of why they came to dominate most of the civilized world, that does not suggest genetic or moral "superiority" or the inferiority of others, divine "choosing", or on the flipside, that they're more evil, they're "devils", they're aliens, and whatever else has been proposed.
    Choleric is just a natural temperament that is very driven and critical. It gets a bad rap for this, but on the other side, they are known as the ones to go to, if you want to get something done.

LaHaye didn't go into the other races, at least not in Why You Act the Way You Do, as far as I remember. But the blacks, seem to be very Melancholy. ISTJ was the dominant type in the last table I saw. That's just as critical as the Choleric, but not as driven, from being both introverted and cooperative. Those who are less critical are Phlegmatics, who are the easygoing, low energy types that may have helped gain the reputation of the race being "lazy". And then, you have the party-loving non-serious Sanguines.
    There were Cholerics, of course, but not enough to make the race dominant. So if anything, they would be the ones to get in the most trouble for stepping out of line.

So temperament is likely a genetically passed trait that might help shape the character of a race group. It might also figure in IQ results, because if the IQ tests focus a lot on T-oriented "technical" stuff, then groups with more T types will tend to do better.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So did you conclude yet that the german racer is the most intelligent ?

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can't believe this thread is still around.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/