User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    There are biological differences between races.

However we can't measure intelligence so we can't say that some races are more intelligent.

And we must also take into consideration social factors too.

But there is no point in measuring differences between races, because that will only cause tension, and what's the point of that?
    Well I dont consider there to be different races, there's a single race, there is ethnic diversity within that race and long may that last, both culturally and at the genetic level, because our survival as a species depends on that.

Measures of intelligence shouldnt cause tension, no more than other differences should but once did, such as skin tone, hair colour, eye colour, body shape, height even.

Intelligence alone does not guarantee prosperity or power, that proves the extent to which the myth of meritocracy has been bought by people so intelligence is closely aligned in peoples minds to superiority and inferiority, which I believe is wrong, both in fact and in principle.

I'd hope that one day all differences between ethnic groups, cultural or genetic, can and will be acknowledged without fear or favour, or shame or pride, and become as unimportant, at least in a conscious manner, as height or shoe size.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I never said it was. Read more carefully. I said, "saying that black people might be 'different' in the sense that they are biologically less capable of scoring as high as 'white' people on IQ tests is racism." Not that noting differential abilities and IQ patterns is in and of itself racist. It's the arguments from the heritability of IQ as it applies to race that are racist.
    That's very wordy, anyway, I dont believe that it is racist to make observations or arguments about the heritability of IQ as it applies to different ethnic groups, there's no automatic, I would suggest, association with either superiority or inferiority, practically or in principle.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Not this topic again. I will keep it short and say this, and retort what others have already put into question. There is no way of usefully measuring intelligence as of yet, neuro-sciencetists are still working to find causitive factors that explain biological differences. So there are no real grounds to argue for/against from. This renders the discussion useless, even from a hypothetical point of view, you'd aleast need some basis on what intelligence is before you could go to this question.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Oh sorry, I did not say you thought that "black people were dumber" That was just a made up hypothetical on my part to illustrate my point.
    I know, but I had to point it out to avoid potential knee jerk reactions from other people.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well I dont consider there to be different races, there's a single race, there is ethnic diversity within that race and long may that last, both culturally and at the genetic level, because our survival as a species depends on that.
    I'd recommend you change the title of the title to 'ethnic groups and intelligence'.
    Using the term race when talking about human beings is a term we're used to hear but it's still incorrect and connected to, obviously, rac-ism
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

One of the things I have to commend this forum for, is that we deal specifically with natural differences between people. Ones that are inborn and yet can cause a lot of clashes and incompatibility. These, being the type (cognitive) differences.

I had noted that in these discussion, race has been very irrelevant, and we're all of different races and ethnicities, and those who have no pictures of themselves anywhere, I don't even now what race they are. It's just another person.

I also think of this, when something like watching Such Irony's video's (when we were helping her with her type), and she's the typical "lily white", and probably from middle America somewhere. And I see that I'm looking at a person (not a "race"), who I find very interesting, particularly because of the type (NTP girls I find very interesting, and seem to be rather rare in my lifetime circles). The skin color and culture formed partly around it being sort of "flavors", as I see it.

This, after coming out of the lion's den of Christian conservative debates, where people are still trumping statistics to try to prove some sort of inferiority of blacks. They won't use the word "inferiority", and become very defensive, and accuse others of playing a "race card" on them!

They snatch up every news story on racial issue, and start threads, that often become nasty. The latest, being the billboard in NYC. They begin railing against blacks and their "high statistics" on abortion. Then, we once had IQ (the Bell Curve) Other times, it's crime. and the biggest one, being welfare. On that one, the blacks are said to have wholesale been duped by the Democrats in the 60's with the promise of "something for nothing".

So the blacks are being used as pawns in their partisan political games, and patronized as the poster children for everything wrong with "liberalism". The goal of all of this is to prove "social programs" aren't working. (Since the entire race is supposedly on them!)

They insist there's some sort of problem "liberals" and blacks are "ignoring" or "making excuses" for, going against "the facts". Like the common answer, that the problem is past oppression, is solidly rebuked as "blaming someone else".
    But they won't spell out what they think the problem is, and just beat around the bush and turn the conversation back around to their opponents (either fellow posters, or the "liberals"/Democrats, in general.

Then, coming back here, and elsewhere, it's hard to believe that the races can get along and just be "people" with common interests and lifestyles. That's just how toxic or noxious their venom is.
    So that's why this issue is still so touchy, though it seems here, and most other internet discussion and day to day living, race has become irrelevant. I applaud that most here are intelligent enough to not make these statistics into something more they are. (Even with some apparent disagreements as to what they mean).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Most of the stuff you are complaining about has nothing to do with supposedly intrinsic racial differences (or this thread, for that matter) and everything to do with the disputed effects of culture and government programs (i.e. nurture). To be blunt, what the 'toxic Christian conservatives' you are complaing about are doing is essentiallty the same thing that you just did toward them. That doesn't mean either of you are necessarily wrong, just that it doesn't qualify as racism.

Oberon

Yeah, those 'toxic Christian conservatives'... we all know what they're like...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Not this topic again. I will keep it short and say this, and retort what others have already put into question. There is no way of usefully measuring intelligence as of yet, neuro-sciencetists are still working to find causitive factors that explain biological differences. So there are no real grounds to argue for/against from. This renders the discussion useless, even from a hypothetical point of view, you'd aleast need some basis on what intelligence is before you could go to this question.
    Holy F**k Man you should see what's happened in your country while you been here posting on this thread!!!!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yeah, those 'toxic Christian conservatives'... we all know what they're like...
    A by word for Awesome muthafuckas you wish were your friends and coming to your birthday party?