User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    What people want to put into their own body is their business. I have no problem with it as long as they're not doing activities like operating vehicles while impaired, thus putting other people at risk.

If you want to get stoned in the privacy of your own home, go for it.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings. I have never smoked weed, cigs or hard drugs myself, but think most, if not all, should be legalized. Definitely marijuana, not just for drugs but its myriad of uses. Let people make their own choices.

People shouldn't be locked up for doing drugs, but if they are hurting others and being an extreme douchebag, then I'm all for it. Prohibition was a big failure and has been on my mind lately after watching Boardwalk empire and Road to Perdition this week.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I thought this was a fundamental part of his character? At least, it is the impression I get.
    Does he? I haven't paid close enough attention (I usually skim over his posts).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I honestly consider that question to be facetious and rhetorical, I do apologise if you are trying to make some serious point but I'm so used to it, its similar to the common response to discussing drugs and drug related harm is "lets talk about alcohol instead".

Its funny because, for instance, if anyone were to post a thread condemning actual bodily harm or grevious bodily harm no one would react by making the point "well, its not murder" or "law enforcement and soldiers kill".

I'm aware of a major difference in moral clarity on the topic as a consequence.
    Ethanol is a psychoactive substance with a high addiction potential and profound effects on the user. It accounts for a vast majority of acute deaths arising from the use of mind-altering substances. Why again, then, is this a rhetorical and facetious point, when we are discussing psychoactive substances in general?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I honestly consider that question to be facetious and rhetorical, I do apologise if you are trying to make some serious point but I'm so used to it, its similar to the common response to discussing drugs and drug related harm is "lets talk about alcohol instead".

Its funny because, for instance, if anyone were to post a thread condemning actual bodily harm or grevious bodily harm no one would react by making the point "well, its not murder" or "law enforcement and soldiers kill".

I'm aware of a major difference in moral clarity on the topic as a consequence.
    Apparently you're unaware that alcohol is also a drug, which is kind of strange for someone who claims to be a Te dom.

Thumbs down Bad Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your surely don't accept all the declarations of your government. Why do you accept this one and not others?.
    I am a member of a polity. That polity is called the Commonwealth of Australia. And we are liberal democratic. So one of the duties of Australians is to obey laws that are democratically arrived at, unless they offend one's conscience.

If a democratic law offends one's conscious then one may engage in civil disobedience. However an essential element of civil disobedience is to advise the police once an act of civil disobedience has been committed. This is simply an act of good faith.

I do notice that druggies act in bad faith.

MBTI
    INTP

But I always act in good faith... I'm part of that democratic thingy and do the civil things and the conscience thing

But I always act in good faith... I'm part of that democratic thingy and do the civil things and the conscience thing
    Just so we can check you are acting in good faith and telling us the truth, when and where did you turn yourself into the police?

MBTI
    INTP

Why would I turn myself into the police?

Why would I turn myself into the police?
    Because an essential element of a legitimate act of civil disobedience, is to turn yourself into the police after committing the act.

Forgive me for not believing you, but I have noticed that druggies are liars and cowards, without a shred of dignity.

MBTI
    INTP

I understand that, but what would I even say?