User Tag List

First 34567 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I notice it's druggies who defend drugs, without the slightest acknowledgement of their conflict of interest.
    I notice you changed your post.

What is a "druggie"? What does "defending drugs" mean? What is a drug?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I notice you changed your post.

What is a "druggie"? What does "defending drugs" mean? What is a drug?
    I presume a "druggie" is a user of drugs.

Here is a short series of lists of drugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drugs

Some of these lists may be longer than others, but I presume most of the drugs are there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    But most of the people in this discussion are drug users. Most voters in modern, democratic societies use drugs on a regular basis. There has to be a conflict of interest, because the majority of people have a direct interest in these things.
    I'd argue that virtually everyone is a drug user, not just most people. If you've ever taken an aspirin, an ibuprofen, or had a caffeinated drink, you are a drug user. Yes, even Victor and Lark are drug users.

The flaw in the position of people like Victor and Lark is that they want to draw arbitrary lines and call that a premise. That is a false premise. Drugs have a spectrum of effects. Even individual drugs have a spectrum of effects on a population (no drug effects everyone the same way). Failure to acknowledge this is disingenuous.

Lark has shown himself to be disingenuous on this subject many times. There's really no point in debating him. He never questions his own position. He's preaching.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd argue that virtually everyone is a drug user, not just most people. If you've ever taken an aspirin, an ibuprofen, or had a caffeinated drink, you are a drug user. Yes, even Victor and Lark are drug users.

The flaw in the position of people like Victor and Lark is that they want to draw arbitrary lines and call that a premise. That is a false premise. Drugs have a spectrum of effects. Even individual drugs have a spectrum of effects on a population (no drug effects everyone the same way). Failure to acknowledge this is disingenuous.

Lark has shown himself to be disingenuous on this subject many times. There's really no point in debating him. He never questions his own position. He's preaching.
    C'mon I don't draw arbitrary distinctions on drugs. My democratically elected Parliament draws the distinctions between illegal and perscription drugs. As a loyal Australian I accept their distinctions.

I think there is something disengenuous in calling such distinctions, arbitrary.

Cool

So many druggies think they are cool when they are loathesome.

The problem is we are too afraid of them to call them loathesome to their faces.

MBTI
    INTP

I didn't say virtually everyone because there are so many passionate "anti-drug" or "anti-doctor" types out there. There really are people out there who refuse the ibuprofen, do the drug-free childbirthing, and reject caffeine and all that, and they sure are hard to find. But yeah, we're mostly all druggies.

MBTI
    yupp

I honestly don't care if someone doesn't use drugs, I don't care if they only drug the use is caffeine and drugs for when they're sick, I don't care if they only smoke weed, I don't care if they only drink alcohol. I do care when they try to condemn me for the fact that I have nothing against drugs, or they say I'm junkie I'm not a junkie. real junkies can't go function without drugs, I can I never go to class high or drunk. Nor do I skip class to get high instead.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon I don't draw arbitrary distinctions on drugs. My democratically elected Parliament draws the distinctions between illegal and perscription drugs. As a loyal Australian I accept their distinctions.
    Your surely don't accept all the declarations of your government. Why do you accept this one and not others?

I think there is something disengenuous in calling such distinctions, arbitrary.
    They are arbitrary. The distinctions are based on what is historically acceptable, not what is scientifically verifiable.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Your surely don't accept all the declarations of your government.
    I thought this was a fundamental part of his character? At least, it is the impression I get.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What people want to put into their own body is their business. I have no problem with it as long as they're not doing activities like operating vehicles while impaired, thus putting other people at risk.

If you want to get stoned in the privacy of your own home, go for it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~