User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I neither use alcohol nor drugs but the best books on the topic of illegal drugs which I've read acknowledge the fact that these things are not in the same category that caffine, alcohol and prescription meds are obviously not in the same order as illegal narcotics.

This is an appeal to authority. What, in your opinion, is the qualitative difference between illegal and legal drugs, beyond merely the fact that one is legal and the other is not?

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

You still haven't addressed my points.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    You still haven't addressed my points.

MBTI
    INTP

You're so needy

MBTI
    yupp

I've been called an alcoholic, a druggy, etc so many times yet I have periods of a month to 6 months of not doing anything, except the occasional drink. It blows my mind how little people actually understand about drugs and addiction that just because I do various drugs on occasion doesn't mean I do them every day. the closest to addiction of come excluding cigarettes is when I did opiates every day for 6 months and I had minor withdrawl very minor. Yes I do opiates on occasion but generally I smoke weed and maybe drink. Yes I am getting 2 20mg pills of adderall and 2 .5 pills of klonopin but I can promise you it will be months until I buy those again.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Hate

There's No Hope With Dope!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO73-WlOHhM"]Just say no![/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What are some differences between alcohol and illegal drugs other than the legality?

I'm not strongly on any side about drugs, fwiw (well, pot should be legal, but that one's obvious). Certainly not friendly to "hard drug" use.
    I honestly consider that question to be facetious and rhetorical, I do apologise if you are trying to make some serious point but I'm so used to it, its similar to the common response to discussing drugs and drug related harm is "lets talk about alcohol instead".

Its funny because, for instance, if anyone were to post a thread condemning actual bodily harm or grevious bodily harm no one would react by making the point "well, its not murder" or "law enforcement and soldiers kill".

I'm aware of a major difference in moral clarity on the topic as a consequence.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I honestly consider that question to be facetious and rhetorical, I do apologise if you are trying to make some serious point but I'm so used to it, its similar to the common response to discussing drugs and drug related harm is "lets talk about alcohol instead".

Its funny because, for instance, if anyone were to post a thread condemning actual bodily harm or grevious bodily harm no one would react by making the point "well, its not murder" or "law enforcement and soldiers kill".

I'm aware of a major difference in moral clarity on the topic as a consequence.
    My question was serious, not rhetorical, and I don't have an agenda. If you're curious about my own feelings, I would place alcohol as being far more dangerous/harmful than pot or tobacco, and less dangerous/harmful than heroin. I don't know enough about other drugs to really compare them to alcohol in a useful way, so I thought you might have some insight.

I do think it's relevant if we're discussing whether drugs should be legal to compare legal and illegal drugs. I'm surprised you don't think it's relevant?
    -end of thread-

I notice it's druggies who defend drugs, without the slightest acknowledgement of their conflict of interest.

MBTI
    INTP

But most of the people in this discussion are drug users. Most voters in modern, democratic societies use drugs on a regular basis. There has to be a conflict of interest, because the majority of people have a direct interest in these things.