User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I didnt mention the alcohol use because I didnt think it was significant, I do think its as harmful as drugs but I dont believe that it has the same scene or culture attached to it.

No one really looks at street drinkers or bombed rough sleepers and thinks awesome, man they are having such a good time, ALL the participants in this series so far have passed comment on themselves, others in their company and their own living spaces in a manner which acknowledges how dumb they are also how cool it still is. Which I think is a major difference.

So far as pot goes, no, I dont think everyone smokes pot, I never did and its been offered to me often enough, by people who should know better too. I'm not sure that the documentary was a work of propaganda either, its easy to dismiss all coverage which isnt positive as propaganda but this was just people who'd volunteered to take part.
    If you think there's no culture attached to alcohol, you've never been to a university in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If you think there's no culture attached to alcohol, you've never been to a university in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong
    +1. Alcohol arguably has the largest drug scene culture known to man.

Just the existence of bars, perhaps adds to the deeply ingrained culture of alcohol drug use the most, since alcohol is the single product bars serve... unless u want to try "bar food".

MBTI
    INFP

Hey guys, grab the beer bong!

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Guys when topics like this come up and the first response of those friendly to drug use and drugs scenes post about alcohol use I just read that as a rationalisation and deflection.

MBTI
    INTP

Guys when topics like this come up and the first response of those friendly to drug use and drugs scenes post about alcohol use I just read that as a rationalisation and deflection.
    No, it's fundamental. You cannot discuss drug use and drug scenes without addressing alcohol as a major (by numbers, THE major) component of the phenomenon. Failing to do so is the real deflection, sir.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

There's nothing wrong with drug use and people who are against it are uninformed and uneducated about drugs and their effect on society and the human body. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and if you have a problem with marijuana use and don't have a problem with alcohol use, or even worse, use alcohol yourself, you're a hypocrite of the most nauseating kind. Not to mention psychedelic drugs like psilocybin mushrooms and ibogaine which are not only harmless but proven to help immensely with depression and PTSD.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Why should people "know better" than to smoke marijuana? What's wrong with enjoying a natural substance with almost nonexistent health risks? Your irrational opposition towards drugs suggests poor reasoning skills and inability to think logically.

Permabanned

My thoughts on drugs..
    they are a tool.

I've used this tool. I'll most probably use this tool again..and I have yet to regret using this tool. I'll continue to do so as long as (in my mind) the benefits outweigh the costs. I claim no ability to know when that is the case for someone else..I do claim to know when this is the case for me. I'll act appropriately if and when that happens.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    No, it's fundamental. You cannot discuss drug use and drug scenes without addressing alcohol as a major (by numbers, THE major) component of the phenomenon. Failing to do so is the real deflection, sir.
    Yeah, this is the hackneyed and cliched point that I see as deflection summed up nicely. I neither use alcohol nor drugs but the best books on the topic of illegal drugs which I've read acknowledge the fact that these things are not in the same category that caffine, alcohol and prescription meds are obviously not in the same order as illegal narcotics.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What are some differences between alcohol and illegal drugs other than the legality?

I'm not strongly on any side about drugs, fwiw (well, pot should be legal, but that one's obvious). Certainly not friendly to "hard drug" use.
    -end of thread-