User Tag List

12 Last

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Mickey Mouse kicks Zionist Jew ass

Okay, this is just a little creepy.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

This does not surprise me in the least. It's stuff like this - propaganda - that keeps the young Palestinians (widely known in other Islamic countries to be lowly, worthless people) going into Israel to blow people up.

Saudis love to buy boxes of explosive vests, which they send to Palestine, where the fools there will use them on Israel...

I think that things like this are probably a response to their own feelings of inferiority and general downtrodeness... the rest of the Islamic world looking on them as beggars makes more Palestinians feel that way. Suppose that they're second class citizens where they live, alienated from the Jews who generally have much better lives, opportunities, and of whom Palestinians have a popular hatred of to fall back on, then add on top of that that most Muslims from other countries consider them violent animals, and I would reckon that any population put in their place would come to feel the way they generally do. If that's true, and I honestly don't know if it is or not, then it's not too long before you have people who would otherwise be reasonable trying to pep up their kids by telling them they can do something about it with bombs and guns that already surround them and make their lives filled with violence... blah

MBTI
    ESFJ

Holdthephone... that's not Mickey Mouse!

Note to Kanamori: That degree of naivety is dangerous.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I would agree with Kanamori that if you were to place any group of human beings in the exact same context, same history, same beliefs, and you would get a similar result. Human behavior on the large scale tends to be predictable.

There is a poverty of dignity issue I have heard discussed amongst Palestinians and other places in the Middle East. When it comes to wrongful acts explanations are useful as far as they do not masquerade as excuses. Yes there are explanations for the violence, but that is distinct from accepting the violence as justified. Respect is about perceiving the potential in others regardless of whether or not they ever reach that potential.

I found the video clip deeply chilling. It is such a degradation and assault on childhood. When play is mutated into propaganda it destroys the sacredness of childhood, its natural wisdom and innocence.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne
    Well, you'd better fix me then.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I would agree with Kanamori that if you were to place any group of human beings in the exact same context, same history, same beliefs, and you would get a similar result. Human behavior on the large scale tends to be predictable.
    Of course. If everything was exactly the same then everything would be exactly the same, but then we wouldn't be talking about two different groups of humans, since there status as a different group is contigent upon preexisting differences.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

The Palestinians did it to themselves. They weren't displaced until they caused trouble, then only the troublemakers were displaced and given a big chunk of land, too. Really, they were entirely too nice to them.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    The Palestinians did it to themselves. They weren't displaced until they caused trouble, then only the troublemakers were displaced and given a big chunk of land, too. Really, they were entirely too nice to them.
    Uh, should we have killed them all or something?

They were kind of displaced without being heard in the UN in the 40s, and were given the bits of Israel without airable land, making some of them go from well off to destitute. and then when they protested, the Israelis put them under Martial Law and didn't hold to the original agreement the UN brokered.

It's a sticky situation, but really, they're in a shitty shitty place, and I don't see how they could possibly be any worse off without there being more shooting at them. I wouldn't call the conditons the Palestenians live under "nice" by any stretch of the imagination.
    Let's do this thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Mickey Mouse has joined the jihad?

The Jews are toast.