• I support the formation of Israel and its policies

16 34.04%
  • Indifferent/other (explain)

19 40.43%
First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    A pox on both their houses. I loathe Islam and the Jews picked a really stupid place to set up shop. I understand that back in 1948 they may have been a bit panicky and looking for a safe place to hang out. If I ruled the earth I'd just go through the middle east and put every male over 12 into concentration camps, unless his decency can be vouched for by several women. Then let the women take over and establish a matriarchy free of Islam's filth.
    Wow, I am glad that this little piece of garbage was ignored...

MBTI
    ENFP

Germany instigated this massive amount of pain and suffering. Germany should be the one footing out Hamburg and maybe Frankfurt as a homeland for the jews, Or were they worried that Europe was too hostile and the Ayrabs would be much more friendly?

My take is simple, if you whooped my ass last week, you better watch your back, because I am probably still pissed... 60 years is not that long ago, so don't expect Palestinians to be all up and happy about the situation.

Also, like some one said before me, Intent means nothing... The ends do not justify the means. If you are the best damn military for the size, I am pretty sure you have the best damn special forces that "American tax payer money" can buy or close to it. Collateral damage is not an excuse, it is a means to breed more retaliatory violence, that's it.

If you want my take on it, I would cut off all aid to Israel and Palestine, and then block off the area and let them decide it on their own. We can check back in a few years, and see how it turns out. Sorry, I forgot, we already cut off aid to Palestine after we convinced them to hold elections; anway, I still believe we should not support any side and let them solve it on their own.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    ...Sorry, I forgot, we already cut off aid to Palestine after we convinced them to hold elections
    They just voted for the wrong crew. They'll get it right next time. Or they'll all die of starvation. Doncha love western democracy?

The Israelis have really got the hang of it.

Default For Whom the Bell Tolls - It Tolls for Thee

Israel is the last, best defence for the Jews - and they need it.

Also Israel is a member of the United Nations who joined together to protect each other against external attack. So the United Nations is sworn to protect Israel against external attack.

This is recognised by Al-Qaeda who have recently named the United Nations as the enemy.

Also Israel is a democracy surrounded by undemocratic states who want to destroy it.

First of course, they come for the Jews and then they come for us.

Victor.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I would just love it if some dude were to blow up all the "holy" places, christian, jewish and islamist. That wouldn't solve shit, but it would be fun to see the faces made by all in that area of the world
    Another plan: Evacuate all cities and bomb/tear everything down, give the "survivors" the ultimatum to coexist or die.

I hate this general story because of all the grief it has caused in the world.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Default The Defence of Our Civilization Against Terror and Propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    You would have to prove first that Jesus was an historical character.
    There's no direct proof he ever existed at all. :rolli:
    There has never been a civilization not based on a religion.

And our civilization is based on Chistianity and Christianity is based on Judaism and Ancient Greek Philosophy.

And the Jews are our elder brothers.

So Judeo, Greek Christianity is our mythos which gives meaning to our civilization.

And Christ of course is the central figure of our mythos.

While the search for the historical Christ has proved to be a pointless distraction.

The important thing at the moment is to defend our civilization which is under attack by force, terror and propaganda.

Victor.

MBTI
    type

I have heard Kishore Mabubani (former Secretary General of the UN) speak once, on middle eastern geo-politics.

The fact is that Israel was formed where it was formed because after the Holocaust, no European or American country wanted to take in the displaced Jews. They then carved up the middle east into artificial country lines (when the Middle Easterns actually identify themselves via tribal lines), and placed Israel there.

Politically, Israel exists for a reason: western supremacy. Without Zionist Israel, do you really think Middle Eastern oil would be so easily available to the gas guzzling nations? The trade off for Israel is intelligence. It is the source point for the West and for its own survival. Arab nations do not define themselves according to the artificial lines drawn up by the west: they identify themselves via blood first: eg, the Shi'ites of Iraq find more brotherhood with the Shi'ites of Iran, than with the Kurds of their own country.

The elite of the elite American military are not trained in West Point. They are trained in Israel. It's the best country in the world for weapons, espionage and tactics.

Israel will always exist. It will not fail because western powers need it for their own survival. And because even amongst the Arabs, there are betrayals along the tribal lines. Shadow play. If one truly wishes to understand global politics, the machinations behind governments, understand the game of Israel.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INFJ

If the Jews are our elder brothers that would make the Muslims our younger brothers. In any case, it's one fucked up but typical human family.

Israel needs to stop stealing land and the Palestinians need to find another way to protest besides blowing shit up.

Back to the 67 borders or bust!

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Also Israel is a democracy surrounded by undemocratic states who want to destroy it.
    Do you assume western "democracy" to be naturally superior to that the "surrounding" countries? By that you surely mean Arab? This reveals a bit about where you're at, Victor!

Curious; their non-democratic system *worked fine* for them until 1948 - when the British gave away something that really wasn't their's to give. Fine thing, colonies!

Interesting thing democracy. Look at all those people that didn't want an Iraq war (in UK a clear majority). They must go to bed safe in the knowledge that their views on a little punch-up in the desert really do count.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Do you assume western "democracy" to be naturally superior to that the "surrounding" countries? By that you surely mean Arab? This reveals a bit about where you're at, Victor!

Curious; their non-democratic system *worked fine* for them until 1948 - when the British gave away something that really wasn't their's to give. Fine thing, colonies!

Interesting thing democracy. Look at all those people that didn't want an Iraq war (in UK a clear majority). They must go to bed safe in the knowledge that their views on a little punch-up in the desert really do count.
    Democracy is the worst political system except for the alternative.