19 40.43%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

First of all, I think it's called PALESTINE. Israel is not, has never been and will never be a place. It is just what the Israelites call the land they stole. And as any thing taken wrongfully, it cannot be theirs to name or own.

Now people will hate me alot

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    First of all, I think it's called PALESTINE. Israel is not, has never been and will never be a place. It is just what the Israelites call the land they stole. And as any thing taken wrongfully, it cannot be theirs to name or own.

The name isn't really important. On what basis are you saying that they stole the land. Spoils of victory is more what I'd call it.

As far as what countries I think could have nuclear weapons within 10 years, I would say that Iran and Saudi Arabia top the list. Other countries such as Russia and China have been selling nuclear secrets for decades, and they passed those on between North Korea and Iran. Also, it would only take a few nuclear weapons to completely decimate Israel
    Pakistan already has nukes, and with the way their govt has been going....

Not sure why you say Saudi Arabia. They are pretty much on our side, and will most likely be staying there. (Iran is a threat to them, Israel and the USA balance it out). You do forget that Iran, while their leader is insane from my point of view, is not suicidal. They know what would happen if they actually used a nuclear weapon (direct attack or not), and don't want it. The principle of MAD seems to be alive and well.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Not sure why you say Saudi Arabia. They are pretty much on our side, and will most likely be staying there. (Iran is a threat to them, Israel and the USA balance it out). You do forget that Iran, while their leader is insane from my point of view, is not suicidal. They know what would happen if they actually used a nuclear weapon (direct attack or not), and don't want it. The principle of MAD seems to be alive and well.
    The principle of MAD has never been applied to people who genuinely believe that those who die as a result of following their beliefs will go directly to heaven and receive 72 virgins. A belief, I might point out, that has been proven an effective means of promoting suicidal tendencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTj

I'm curious. . . so its always been called Palestine?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Oh, so you are saying that the 7th century A.D. chronologically occurred before the 11th century B.C.? That certainly is news to me.

Admittedly, I am biased in this argument, due to my Jewish heritage.

After wandering in the desert, the Jews settle in the area that is Israel.
    Their kingdom is overthrown and dominated time and time again.
    Emperor Titus of Rome decides that the Jews are rebellious pests, so he scatters them across all of Europe, thus marking the Second Diaspora.
    In the 7th century, the Arabs go for the land, Israel, which is now no longer occupied.
    In 1948, the Jews regain the land they had lost nearly two-thousand years ago, and yet they are called thieves.

It is silly to say that "it is called Palestine." It has been known as the Kingdom of Israel (ממלכת יִשְׂרָאֵל) long before.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

This is why the Middle Eastern problem is so thorny and difficult to settle. Multiple groups have convincing claims to the same lands. It's similar to the Yugoslavian/Bosnian/Croatian situation, and I really can't see a path to a definitive solution in either. Unless of course people start to see that common humanity is a stronger tie than common ancestry.

Hahahaha, I can't believe I even typed that with a straight face.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Oh, so you are saying that the 7th century A.D. chronologically occurred before the 11th century B.C.? That certainly is news to me.
    Meh, the name thing is a moot point in any case. The modern formations called Israel and Palestine are both new. Modern "Palestinians" (related to the word Philistine) are probably just as biologically related to the original 11th century BC Israelites as the Sephardic, Mizrahic or Ashkenazi Jews. No matter what opinion people have on the creation of Israel, it happened. Israel is a reality. The fact that you have a disgruntled bunch of Palestinians who've lost hope and are being exploited by Israel's neighbours to weaken Israel is a reality. The issue is too muddled to really say that anyone has any more right to this place or that than any other. The question is only: How can the conflict of interest be resolved in such a way that the majority of both parties will be satisfied enough to protest violence and work constructively towards peace?

I'm pretty certain a hard line isn't the answer, but until people regain hope and see positive development, the hardliners will have enough support to do as they please.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Meh, the name thing is a moot point in any case. The modern formations called Israel and Palestine are both new.
    Hey, I didn't bring it up. I just thought this would be a learning opportunity for Jesus.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Let my people go.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Hey, I didn't bring it up. I just thought this would be a learning opportunity for Jesus.
    Ah, sorry to ruin that, but if he actually meant what he said and didn't just say it to provoke a reaction, I think I'd start charging for the lessons. You could become a very rich man. *resists temptation to follow up with a stereotyped joke*
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA