16 34.04%
  • Indifferent/other (explain)

19 40.43%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    You haven't heard?
    I think I ran across this a while back, pretty awesome that at least somebody's taking action. What I intended though is, the government should consider doing that here. =/

MBTI
    INFP

Oh the government is considering it. And it will cost billions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I am indifferent. Their policies are, at heart, their business. I can't say that I truly care. I have voted based on the hypothetical assumption that these policies stay within their boundaries.

MBTI
    ISTP

While I am personally somewhere a mix of Atheist/Agnostic, I was raised Jewish, which obviously does bias me towards the side of Israel.

With that said:

The country has existed for 60 years, whether or not it was a good idea doesn't really matter anymore. In reality, most of the middle eastern countries are terrible ideas, thanks to the british drawing lines on a map with no regard to culture/ethnicity/etc.

It's not going away either. For starters, it has enough nukes to pretty much obliterate the middle east, and a very powerful military, plus our support.

Both sides commit horrible atrocities in the name of "defending themselves", and neither one is willing to sacrifice much to achieve peace. I can't see the conflict ending within the next decade....
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Forming Israel in the first place was a goof, but since it has existed for around 60 years now there is no reason in getting rid of the country. (Plus a lot of the opposition to Israel seems to be of the "wipe it off the earth" variety, which sounds pretty violent and destructive, more so than what has gone on in the past for the modern country.)
    I agree with you here. I don't like the extreme counter-reaction to the state of Israel existing. This issue leaves me without a strong opinion on a simple question of what I think of the State of Israel continuing to exist or not because I have trouble deciding whether Palestinians and their Arab neighbors are to blame for their greediness and lack of foresight before the mandates, or the few Zionists who pushed for the creation of a self-sufficient state where people were already living. The problem is that much of that land was bought off, and afterwards, the policy shifted towards forcefully removing people off land that was not purchased by Israelis.

A pox on both their houses. I loathe Islam and the Jews picked a really stupid place to set up shop. I understand that back in 1948 they may have been a bit panicky and looking for a safe place to hang out. If I ruled the earth I'd just go through the middle east and put every male over 12 into concentration camps, unless his decency can be vouched for by several women. Then let the women take over and establish a matriarchy free of Islam's filth.

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    A pox on both their houses. I loathe Islam and the Jews picked a really stupid place to set up shop. I understand that back in 1948 they may have been a bit panicky and looking for a safe place to hang out. If I ruled the earth I'd just go through the middle east and put every male over 12 into concentration camps, unless his decency can be vouched for by several women. Then let the women take over and establish a matriarchy free of Islam's filth.
    I thought it was a pox on both houses... not just Islamic filth?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I'm sure those mindless sheep of women in the "middle east" would just JUMP at the opportunity to resign their faith and destroy their culture.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    I thought it was a pox on both houses... not just Islamic filth?
    Male Muslims are the agitators in this situation so removing them would settle things. Israeli Jewish men tend not to be quite as crazy though there may be some extremists that need to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm sure those mindless sheep of women in the "middle east" would just JUMP at the opportunity to resign their faith and destroy their culture.

/sarcasm
    They'll get over it.