Today is the first I've head of HB1. There are articles at Daily Kos and The Raw Story.

Major points:
Legislation recently introduced to the Georgia legislature by House Republican Bobby Franklin would make abortion the legal equivalent of murder and require miscarriages to be investigated by authorities.
Franklin's bill would classify the removal of a fetus from a woman for any reason other than to produce a live birth or to remove a dead fetus as "prenatal murder." Physicians indicted for alleged "prenatal murder" would have their license suspended until they were found innocent of the crime.

Although the legislation would not place any criminal penalties on natural spontaneous abortions, it would require miscarriages to be reported by hospitals and other medical institutions, and a fetal death certificate issued.

Authorities would be required to investigate the cause of fetal death in cases where a miscarriage occurs without attendance at a medical facility.
This bill can't possibly have any traction can it? I'm surprised this Rep. hasn't gotten more press due to the controversial nature of his proposals. Maybe he's so fringe that the major players stop paying attention, sort of like Ann Coulter?

In other Bobby Franklin news:
State Rep. Franklin also recently introduced a bill mandating that victims of rape, stalking, harassment, and family violence be re-classified as "accusers" (rather than victims).

Apparently, he'd also like to rid his state of pesky driver's licenses. That's a surprising move to relinquish a large source of state income.

Why haven't I heard of this guy till now?