User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon, these dictators tortured their own citizens and those rendered to them by the USA.

The USA has realised it doen't need to physically possess the oilfields of the Middle East, it can simply write a cheque for oil.

And although it is barely acknowledged, the USA has lost in Iraq as they lost in Vietnam, and are now leaving.

The only thing that has changed in the Middle East is that the USA is leaving.
    Why are you are using comic sans? Is it to further dissuade us from taking you seriously? :rolli:

If we are going to get into this argument we should talk more about the French and the British who handed power over to most of the Middle-Eastern dictators (well, their predecessors anyway) in the first place. Sure Americans haven't behaved well either but they haven't exactly done 90+ years of damage yet.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Why are you are using comic sans? Is it to further dissuade us from taking you seriously? :rolli:

If we are going to get into this argument we should talk more about the French and the British who handed power over to most of the Middle-Eastern dictators (well, their predecessors anyway) in the first place. Sure Americans haven't behaved well either but they haven't exactly done 90+ years of damage yet.
    You realize you are running the risk of spoiling the delusion, don't you? Why destroy something so interesting?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    You realize you are running the risk of spoiling the delusion, don't you? Why destroy something so interesting?
    Sorry, you're right. I foolishly opened this thread expecting to read people's comments on the revolution. Perhaps, I should just embrace the inevitable derail.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Why are you are using comic sans?
    I am using Comic Sans MS because a recent study has shown that the content of Comic Sans MS is remembered for longer than the content of other type.

So the medium, in this case Comic Sans MS, is the message.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, very exciting stuff happening in that area of the world! (Especially for those of us in the international ed field... we already had to bring 2 students home from Egypt, may have to do the same in Morocco if things heat up, and we have several students wanting to go to those places from France over Spring Break, and we've had to, um, strongly encourage them not to.) But really, I do wish them the best. It would be nice to see some stability and peace over there.

And while I don't agree that the US is entirely to blame for the situation, I do recognize that yup, part of the problems over there are the fault of our foreign policy. Thankfully our current president recognizes that as well and seems to be taking some steps to atone for that and rectify the situation.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Yes, very exciting stuff happening in that area of the world! (Especially for those of us in the international ed field... we already had to bring 2 students home from Egypt, may have to do the same in Morocco if things heat up, and we have several students wanting to go to those places from France over Spring Break, and we've had to, um, strongly encourage them not to.) But really, I do wish them the best. It would be nice to see some stability and peace over there.

And while I don't agree that the US is entirely to blame for the situation, I do recognize that yup, part of the problems over there are the fault of our foreign policy. Thankfully our current president recognizes that as well and seems to be taking some steps to atone for that and rectify the situation.
    Or the USSR and former USSR's foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    Remember, kids. The Egyptian regime fell to the Egyptian military - NOT TO THE PEOPLE.
    This is not true for other revolting countries though, and definitely not true for Lybia. Even in Egypt, disregarding the power of the masses means disregarding the underlying social structure, which is a major cause of this mess. Coup d'etats do not spread from country to country, only revolutions do, and this is not an isolated phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or the USSR and former USSR's foreign policy.
    Both.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The Egyptians (as well as the Tunisians) have reignited their protests because neither of their demands for a new government (on each part) were met. That's no surprise. There're uprisings pretty much every where across the Arab World, which is engaging. Just waiting to see what'll happen with Gaddafi in the end. The protests were sporadic to begin with. Now the Libyan situation is insane!

Unhappy Jews, Christians, Women and Children.

When the dust settles, the Jews will be hated with the same intensity, and the Christians will still be persecuted, women will know their place, and children will continue to be abused.

MBTI
    INTP

I know, right. Fuck democracy, we should make their decisions for them.