User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Allowing concealed carry handguns on college campuses

Yay or nay and your reasons/argument.

Yay - Something needs to be done. The whole thing is getting out of hand. Every other week there is a shooting or at least someone brandishing a fire arm. The people that have properly done what needs to be done in order to qualify to carry a concealed hand gun shouldn't be denied their right to defend themselves and others. Isn't that what they went through the trouble of getting their concealed carry permit for in the first place?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Yay or nay and your reasons/argument.

Yay - Something needs to be done. The whole thing is getting out of hand. Every other week there is a shooting or at least someone brandishing a fire arm. The people that have properly done what needs to be done in order to qualify to carry a concealed hand gun shouldn't be denied their right to defend themselves and others. Isn't that what they went through the trouble of getting their concealed carry permit for in the first place?
    I'm good with it. If anything, I think it would be an inherently safer place to have them than most other places. Not to mention it would still be a relatively small amount of people since you have to be 21 to have a carry permit.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTj

Is there really a shooting every other week?

MBTI
    INTJ

Carrying a gun is like wearing a seat belt. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

ByMySword

I'm 100% for it. When my ex-girlfriend was taking night classes, she was approached by creepy strange guys in the parking lot almost everytime. It got so bad, that I started going with her. If she had had a gun, then I wouldn't have had to waste my time doing nothing while she was in class. LOL.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Carrying a gun is like wearing a seat belt. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    I 2nd that motion. Here, Here!!!

MBTI
    istp

a given area should only be exempt from CCW if the means exist to prevent unauthorized introduction of lethal weapons for everyone, not just those who choose to follow the rules (which may not be possible)

although i do think that there are far more people who dont want to shoot someone than there are who do... of the former, those who will bring benefit to a life or death situation with the use of a firearm is overestimated, in my opinion.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Is there really a shooting every other week?
    Probably not technically but it's a serious issue and the frequency has escalated.

My good friend told me today that someone from my old high school shot themselves in the gym at school in front of a bunch of students today. Got me to thinking more about it.

Looser restrictions on gun laws will never result in any form of safety whatsoever. The more we allow people to freely purchase guns, the more dangerous society will become.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    although i do think that there are far more people who dont want to shoot someone than there are who do... of the former, those who will bring benefit to a life or death situation with the use of a firearm is overestimated, in my opinion.
    like Cops?