User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Uh cool..I can smoke pot for scoliosis
    actually, this one kind a buddy of mine used to grow, that gave you nothing but this major body buzz/high leaving your mind feeling clear, was the only thing that ever got rid of my pain associated with scoliosis... Its the only time I have ever tried pot and liked it,lol... I wish I knew what the variety was called, I should try and get ahold of him and see if he remembers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't agree with any of this. I think it's all wrong.

Cartels don't have the ability to raise capital. No bank is going to loan money to a drug cartel. And they're going to need lots of capital to compete with legitimate corporations that mechanize the harvesting process and roll and package their own cigarettes.

right? I guess you should tell that to Forbes who listed this guy ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C...m%C3%A1n_Loera ) - as the 937th richest man in the world - something tells me he doesn't need a loan from a bank..
    just sayin...
    Cartels don't have the necessary distribution networks, either. Once pot is legalized, most people aren't going to be buying it on the street from a dope dealer. They'll be buying it at Wal-mart, gas stations, and liquor stores (places that already sell tobacco products). Cartels have no experience in this area. They have plenty of experience shooting competitors on the street, but that experience will not help them. Companies like Wal-Mart may even refuse to buy from former drug cartels. Corporations with real, legitimate business people will slaughter cartels in this respect.

Cartels don't have a chance in hell of competing with legitimate businesses.
    right? I think you might want to tell that to Forbes - who listed this guy - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C...m%C3%A1n_Loera ) - as the 937th richest man in the world. Something tells me he won't need to go to the bank for a loan - especially since he doesn't have to pay any of his employees anything close to what a corporation would - and safety regulations are just imaginary requirements that don't really apply to him... makes for easy business...

just sayin...

at the end of the day all that extra packaging and farmland etc is going to cost them - especially with the immigration crack down since Americans don't tend to want to work long hours in chemical soaked fields for minimum wage and zero health benefits...

I think that it will price people out of the market - the economy is crap now - look at the percentage of new college grads living with their parents and drowning in loans - and the cigarette legislation that has hit the tobacco companies will also hit the pot industry as well - as will all the health and safety regulations (more money flying out of their pockets)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    There is actually already a business in california that already has all of the facilities ready to start producing enough to cover a huge majority of current usage, with plans to expand, they are just waiting for it to be legalized, which they believed was going to happen this last year... so right now they are just in a holding pattern...
    then for their sake I hope they actually legalize pot soon or they will be bankrupt - interesting business model..
    *shrugs*
    to each their own... I personally wouldn't attempt to predict the flow of American politics... but it could end up paying off for them in the long run if things go their way..
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I agree entirely, wasn't that smart, but they thought it was a slam dunk,lol... but the interview I saw, the guy said its ok, they can afford to wait, nothing they purchased at this point is perishable.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Agree. They're turning it illegal here, so dumb. When I'm president, all pot will be legalized.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    yupp

I know the enforcement in chicago on weed is pretty lax. All the people I've talked to who've gotten caught either just had to give it up, or go to court and pay some fines, and usually if you end up going to trial the usually just drop the charges. I'm not saying it be smart to smoke a blunt in front of cops, but what I'm saying is the cops here have more important things to deal with.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    right? I think you might want to tell that to Forbes - who listed this guy - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C...m%C3%A1n_Loera ) - as the 937th richest man in the world. Something tells me he won't need to go to the bank for a loan - especially since he doesn't have to pay any of his employees anything close to what a corporation would - and safety regulations are just imaginary requirements that don't really apply to him... makes for easy business...
    His net worth is only about $1 billion. He'll need more capital than that. And I doubt he's willing to invest his entire fortune into something that is likely to fail.

He wouldn't be able to sell his products in the US without meeting FDA guidelines. If he refuses to meet FDA guidelines, he'll have to sell them illegally, which will significantly add to the cost. It's cheaper to just submit to the FDA guidelines and sell your product at Wal-Mart.

just sayin...

at the end of the day all that extra packaging and farmland etc is going to cost them - especially with the immigration crack down since Americans don't tend to want to work long hours in chemical soaked fields for minimum wage and zero health benefits...
    Drug cartels are going to need all of that extra packaging, too. Otherwise they won't be meeting FDA guidelines and they'll be selling illegally, which will add to their cost (smuggling isn't cheap).

I think that it will price people out of the market - the economy is crap now - look at the percentage of new college grads living with their parents and drowning in loans - and the cigarette legislation that has hit the tobacco companies will also hit the pot industry as well - as will all the health and safety regulations (more money flying out of their pockets)
    You are simply wrong. Tobacco companies will be able to produce packages of marijuana cigarettes for roughly the same price they produce tobacco cigarettes. We don't have illegal tobacco coming into the US because it's just not economically feasible. It costs more to circumvent regulation than it does to submit. The same will happen with marijuana.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

The thing about packaging is, no matter what FDA guidelines they go by, I'm sure it will end up costing less than the boxes upon boxes of sandwich baggies destined to deliver the product today. Once you automate and mechanize a process it becomes something worthy of sheer wonder.

How It's Made: Marijuana

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5C0rrncXE"][/YOUTUBE]

ALRIGHT NOW!
    Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize
    I can't forget you, for your surprise
    you introduced me, to my mind
    And left me wanting, you and your kind

I love you, Oh you know it

My life was empty, forever on a down
    Until you took me, showed me around
    My life is free now, my life is clear
    I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear

Come on now, try it out

Straight people don't know, what you're about
    They put you down and shut you out
    you gave to me a new belief
    and soon the world will love you sweet leaf

Cool Sexual Inadequacy and Cannabis

Cannabis is an aid to sexuality.

The sexually inadequate are unable to relate to another independent person sexually, so naturally they need some kind of help, and cannabis is the prosthesis for the sexually inadequate.