User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm disinclined to take any of your advice what so ever but it doesnt surprise me that you'd like me to use drugs. My judgement is fine the way it is though stoner.

Anyway, I posed the question to make a certain point, there's a lot of discussions which arent as straightforward as they should be, instead of arguing against laws prohibiting drug use people should have the courage to argue in favour of drug use if that is really what they are talking about.

If you've got to be hooked on mind and mood altering chemicals to make it through life then there's something about your life that is badly wrong, its either yourself or your society but that's what you should really be thinking about not when you're next opportunity is to get high.
    I Would like to point out that processed fats and sugars have been shown to effect the body like a drug, including being highly addictive, do you eat processed fats and sugars? they are in almost all foods and drinks you can buy in the store. They are more harmful to your health than even tobacco and alcohol, let alone pot...

P.S. I strongly dislike drugs, and although ive tried a few, I hated it, I dont see the appeal, but people should have the choice to do what they want with their bodies as long as they are not directly harming others.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    I Would like to point out that processed fats and sugars have been shown to effect the body like a drug, including being highly addictive, do you eat processed fats and sugars? they are in almost all foods and drinks you can buy in the store. They are more harmful to your health than even tobacco and alcohol, let alone pot...

P.S. I strongly dislike drugs, and although ive tried a few, I hated it, I dont see the appeal, but people should have the choice to do what they want with their bodies as long as they are not directly harming others.
    I dont see any equivalence between using drugs and eating processed foods.

I know its unlikely to chime well with anyone more attuned to the permissive society than myself but I dont consider drug use harmless and inconsequential, they arent prohibited because some killjoys lucked out in office or some other governmental caprice. Objectively people have the choice already, what most people who wish laws to be struck off are after is not simply that choice which is already in existence but tacit approval by the removal of any sanction.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post

Speaking of processed foods, have you ever heard a pretentious fool drone on, and on, and on about how delicious their organic fruits and veggies are? I swear, some people are just hooked. I would save them all if I could...

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

LOL, people can eat whatever they want, it doesnt bother me, but science is science, they are chemically addictive to the body, and harmful to peoples health (as are actually some popular types of supposedly "healthy", undercooked kidney beans can kill you) my point is there are things that are perfectly socially acceptable, that are farm more harmful, and people have the choice to eat foods like that, or smoke cigarettes, or drink alcohol, if one is going to argue against legalizing pot on the grounds that its bad for people, they should also be up in arms about these other things proven to be far worse for you, otherwise one runs the risk of coming off as a hypocrite.

You dont see the equivalence, because you refuse to, pot is bad for you, i agree, but its not nearly as bad for you as processed fats and sugars, and processed fats and sugars are physically addictive, where as pot is only psychologically addictive, I am against drug use, but for personal freedom, the massive amount of violence created by the illegal drug industry contrasts nicely against the drastically reduced levels of violence in places who have decriminalized them...

I think everyone in society would benefit far more from a reduction in violent crime, and an open honest discussion about the real dangers of various substances instead of the average ridiculous propaganda that often flies directly in the face of all legitimate studies done...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont see the equivalence because its not there, making comparisons between one harmful choice and another in order to make one appear fine, minimise its consequences etc. just seems dumb to me. The "Cannibas, at least its not crack!" line is as old as the hills, its important to remember "Cannibas, its still cannibas".

Suggesting there's no positive correlation between drugs and crime to maintain their prohibition one moment and then suggesting there'd be a reduction in crime if drugs were legalised is an old argument too, I believe its called having your cake and eating it.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I dont see the equivalence because its not there, making comparisons between one harmful choice and another in order to make one appear fine, minimise its consequences etc. just seems dumb to me. The "Cannibas, at least its not crack!" line is as old as the hills, its important to remember "Cannibas, its still cannibas".

Suggesting there's no positive correlation between drugs and crime to maintain their prohibition one moment and then suggesting there'd be a reduction in crime if drugs were legalised is an old argument too, I believe its called having your cake and eating it.
    Another harmful choice that is exactly the same, choosing to put a harmful substance into your body because it makes you feel good, Both are the same basic action, would you be ok with pot if people only ate it?

I NEVER said ANYTHING about there being no correlation between drugs and crime, I have said the opposite from my first post, are you screwing with me? the MONEY behind the drugs is what causes the crime, money people make off them, money people need to buy them, prices in california on pot were expected to drop to around 10-15% of their previous prices upon legalization, that reduces almost all profit, so no longer any reason for organized crime to sell it, and no reason for most people to steal to get it, since it would be cheaper than cigarettes at that point, so crime would drop.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Qualifying Medical Conditions for Marijuana Treatment
    (ridiculously huge list of conditions)
    Is this the list of qualifiers for California or something? I probably qualify under like 13 of these. No wonder the stuff is everywhere where I live.
    I don't have anything against people using pot. Sometimes it causes some problems for them, but there are many other legal things that could cause those problems, and it's their choice anyway.
    I don't think it'd work for my problems. I don't like the smell and it'd probably make me even spacier and crazier than I already am.
    With lists like this, and also a lot of the other stuff said on this thread, it's kind of silly that the stuff is still technically illegal.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'd suspect that the gangsters being co-opted through politics, legit businesses and other means into the ranks of the respectable had as much to do with the normalisation of post-prohibition society.
    I agree. The problem is not that certain people are evil, the problem is that government mandated black markets promote violent behavior.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Thumbs down Gun Culture and Drug Culture

We have banned guns and won't legalise cannabis because we have a sovereign government, not government by the National Rifle Association or drug dealers.

We know that guns lead to gun massacres as we read about them all the time in the USA. And we know that cannabis leads to early onset schizophrenia in adolescents, through our own extensive research.

Frankly, we don't want your gun culture or your drug culture.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

who said guns had to be legalized along with pot (although I'm pro-legal both)?