User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Primary results

MBTI
    TiSe

There was a report being referred to by Keith Oberman and Chris Matthews on MSNBC last night. It's the first time that I had heard of it, but it's detailed predictions from how the Obama camp saw the outcome to it's conclusion. The projections were supposedly forecast some time ago, but has been eerily accurate hitting the Texas primary head on 51-47. In fact the only race to date that has been inaccurate on the report (if I recall correctly) is the Maine results. Anyone aware of that report?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's funny.. since the media seems to have played up the Clinton/Obama matchup as if it were supremely tight... yet the election results were rather disappointing -- Ohio had at least a 100K vote spread (i think) and Texas was still separated by 3%.

The media is still hounding Hillary -- one headline on a supposedly large and "neutral" site: "She won -- NOW what?" Apparently she is still behind on delegates, if they both are accumulating at similar rates. She needs more momentum to catch up.

It looks like I might actually have to vote during the primary. Pennsylvania isn't until April and I was thinking it just wouldn't be worth it by then.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo
    Looks like it's still a dead heat. Is this good or bad for the democrats
    I believe I read that it is
    GOOD that people are excited about the candidates
    BAD that it might all become a big Democrat brawl/ harder to raise enough money against McCain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    There was a report being referred to by Keith Oberman and Chris Matthews on MSNBC last night. It's the first time that I had heard of it, but it's detailed predictions from how the Obama camp saw the outcome to it's conclusion. The projections were supposedly forecast some time ago, but has been eerily accurate hitting the Texas primary head on 51-47. In fact the only race to date that has been inaccurate on the report (if I recall correctly) is the Maine results. Anyone aware of that report?
    i didn't know about it until last night when i was watching MSNBC and didn't they predict that Obama would ultimately take the nomination?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    That's funny.. since the media seems to have played up the Clinton/Obama matchup as if it were supremely tight... yet the election results were rather disappointing -- Ohio had at least a 100K vote spread (i think) and Texas was still separated by 3%.

The media is still hounding Hillary -- one headline on a supposedly large and "neutral" site: "She won -- NOW what?" Apparently she is still behind on delegates, if they both are accumulating at similar rates. She needs more momentum to catch up.
    current latest news headlines on CNN.com, listed in order:
    "Bush backs McCain"
    "Obama: I'm the one to beat McCain"
    "Is Cindy McCain that perfect?" (360 degrees blog)
    "Obama camp: What's Clinton hiding?" (Ticker)

MBTI
    ISTP

Clinton needs a miracle to beat out Obama at this point. Before yesterday's primaries, she was 107 delegates behind Barack Hussein Obama, and she only gained 11 on him. Pennsylvania is the last big state to have a primary. The rest are very small. The best she can hope for is to be ~50 or so behind and maybe ~100 behind in pledged delegates.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    ENTP

The Ohio primary had a few problems... Cleveland was, as usual, stuck in a winter storm (freezing rain/ice) that made the roads impossible, so many, especially in the predominantly black city, were unable to get to the polling stations before they closed. Obviously, it's not anyone's fault, but Obama wasn't happy, and requested that the polling stations stay open later, which they did, but by that time, the people who had been turned away weren't coming back, especially since driving was really hazardous. I have no idea what they'll do about that...
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by celesul View Post
    The Ohio primary had a few problems... Cleveland was, as usual, stuck in a winter storm (freezing rain/ice) that made the roads impossible, so many, especially in the predominantly black city, were unable to get to the polling stations before they closed. Obviously, it's not anyone's fault, but Obama wasn't happy, and requested that the polling stations stay open later, which they did, but by that time, the people who had been turned away weren't coming back, especially since driving was really hazardous. I have no idea what they'll do about that...
    Now he has a retort (albeit a bad one) to pull out of his ass when Clinton complains about Florida and Michigan's voters being disenfranchised.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INFJ

I voted yesterday in the Texas primaries. I intended to vote for Hillary but for someone reason I had a feeling I should vote for Obama, so I did and I really don't know why at this point. I'm happy Hillary won Texas; her victory speeches are always better IMHO. "For everyone here in Ohio and across America who
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Yay for participating in the voting process! My political science teacher was trying to guilt us into doing more than vote... "voting is one of the least committed/influential methods of political participation" yada yada.