User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    yupp

annoying? yes. unfair not really, especially since 90% of the time there's signs/requests for the person to move their car.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    ...why is it unfair? It makes perfect sense. If you're not allowed to park somewhere, there's almost always a reason for it, and often a good one. You're usually blocking something.

If you're in a private parking space, you're preventing the person who pays for that space from parking there. Why? Because you're too lazy to find a real space, and/or too cheap to pay for parking. And you think it's "unfair" for your car to be removed???

Therefore, for that reason, your car is removed asap so it isn't blocking the way. If you don't like it, read (and obey) the parking signs....if anyone thinks they're entitled to park anywhere without regard for others, they deserve to be towed. If they "needed" their vehicle maybe they should park it in a legal parking space. It's not like the city runs around wantonly towing cars.....
    What she said. If you concede that there is signage indicating that you can't park there, I don't understand how there is an argument. It's inconvenient, sure. But it's inconvenient to have someone parking in your space, too.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I do think signage could be better in some places, especially in the winter when any signs on the ground are often invisible. But usually it's pretty clear. People who ignore perfectly legible signs (or block driveways) irritate me. They show that they don't care that they're inconveniencing anyone else, just so they don't have to risk getting a fraction of exercise by walking further.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not saying that there aren't instances where cars should be towed, I mean it depends on who parked where and why. But I've seen instances on those car towing tv shows whereeven the smalles parking infraction results in people having their vehicles stolen from them.

Never knew car towing was popular in Chicago, I have seen from those shows that parts of Philly (which I used to live near and have thought of moving near again one day) can be really bad with all those 'don't park here after 6' rich parking spaces.

MBTI
    yupp

My mom said that if she ever lives in a big city again she's not having a car and relying only on public transit, she went to grad school at boston univeristy and talks about how much of pain it was to drive their and about the boot they put on the wheel.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I had someone towed from the parking lot of the house I lived in a few times in college... there were quite a few signs up and I'd asked the people who had parked there to please move thier cars because we were having an event and needed the extra parking... I even told them that I would have them towed if the cars weren't moved by a certain time... if they didn't move them they got towed. I gave them a warning, it's their own damned fault if they didn't do something about it

I don't really see many cars getting towed in Indy that haven't been in an accident... there's A LOT of parking space here
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett