User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Gaza Death Toll Rises

Yahoo!

Israel hits new Gaza targets after U.S. urges halt - Yahoo! News

Mideast Conflict - Yahoo! News Photos

This is digusting, I'm so tired of watching blood, death and misery. I'm tired of people ignoring this. Is this what everyone was waiting for?? For bombs to be thrown across these damned 'States'?
    Innocent children are DEAD because of "self defense"!
    Homes are detroyed, people injured, families broken apart, hope is burried with every body, being burned with every bomb blast and spilled with every blood.
    And we sit here and turn our heads away from all of this, it doesnt affect us, it's not our 'problem'... nothing has been changed in the past and nothing will change in the future, right?

Look at wach picture carefully, watch the pain, blood, grief, death, strength and weaknesses of these people closely.. feel what they feel, look at things through their eyes and take a walk through hell, how long does it take you to turn away?
    The truth is on the side of the oppressed. -Malcolm X

sammy

There is a rather significant number of Palestinians in my area, most are fairly close to me. I hear about these events and participate in whatever educating rally I can to spread the word of what is happening, but honestly, there's not much to be done beyond increasing awareness at this point, things have escalated far too much to be stopped.

At the local level of politics, some things change for those living in this country in the form of recognition of the tragedies, which offers a form of consolation to the Palestinians who were driven out of Israel, still have family in the Gaza Strip, or have lost family in Jordan due to terrorist attacks spurned from the events in Palestine.

These events are not new or unexpected, they're an accumulation of misunderstandings, direct dealings, and good intentions (yes, good intentions!) for the most part. When something has carried on for over 50 years, as this conflict has been, it becomes even more difficult to untangle the ropes that bind one to that situation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by persianeyes View Post
    Yahoo!

Israel hits new Gaza targets after U.S. urges halt - Yahoo! News

Mideast Conflict - Yahoo! News Photos

This is digusting, I'm so tired of watching blood, death and misery. I'm tired of people ignoring this. Is this what everyone was waiting for?? For bombs to be thrown across these damned 'States'?
    Innocent children are DEAD because of "self defense"!
    Homes are detroyed, people injured, families broken apart, hope is burried with every body, being burned with every bomb blast and spilled with every blood.
    And we sit here and turn our heads away from all of this, it doesnt affect us, it's not our 'problem'... nothing has been changed in the past and nothing will change in the future, right?

Look at wach picture carefully, watch the pain, blood, grief, death, strength and weaknesses of these people closely.. feel what they feel, look at things through their eyes and take a walk through hell, how long does it take you to turn away?
    What is your proposal?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

I agree with u completely, but the idea that there's no resolution will only result to more disaster.

Awareness is important, but there should be more done. There has to be more effort in how the problem can be solved after constantly dicussing what the problem is!

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by persianeyes View Post
    I agree with u completely, but the idea that there's no resolution will only result to more disaster.

Awareness is important, but there should be more done. There has to be more effort in how the problem can be solved after constantly dicussing what the problem is!
    I find that one of the best ways to begin to solve a problem is by studying the history of what led to it in the first place. Then, will you fully see where things went wrong and what can be realistically "fixed."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What is your proposal?
    Education- Teach both the Palestinians and Israeli's that there is no "Victom" or "Persecuter", "good" or "evil" and there are more similarities than differences between eachother. There are many groups in America and Jarusalem that bring Palestinian and Israeli kids together to help them understand both sides. http://www.holtzbrinckpublishers.com...12318944TG.pdf

Peace- Everybody, most of all the children are surrounded by violence and it effects them as they grow up. The Palestinian kids only see the Israeli soldiers who are attacking their homes and killing civilians. They want revenge and they choose violence, because that's the only route they see and the only route that seems to work for them.
    It's really important that they're taught about ppl like Martin Luthar King who used peaceful tactics to end oppression. We've all seen how fighting hasnt worked, it's time for peace.

Israel and Palestine if they can't be joined, need to be seperated but equally... the conflict on who gets Jerusalem is puzzling it's precious to both sides but a solution is necessary.
    Both sides would need restoration and Palestine would need aid and a budget to start from.

I'm actually doing a research paper on this right now. Eight pages due on the 20th. I debated it extensively in my senior year of high school. In my debate class, we were split into two groups, one researching and debating for the Palestinian side, and one researching and debating for the Israeli side. We got into it. It was very enlightening, and after realizing that I forgot some of what I learned, I decided to make it my research paper topic. I'm really interested in world affairs. It's like living history.

It is very, very sad, the whole conflict. Israel should have never been plopped there to begin with. If someone came into my state, drew a line down the middle of it and said, "We're usurping this place for our holy land now, nevermind it has religious value to you as well. But wait! You can still have HALF the land! Aren't you happy?" I'd be pissed off too. When the League of Nations orginally mandated that land would be set aside for Israel, I think the original proposal was that (roughly) half of the land would be given to the Israelis, but the Palestinians got pissed and war broke out, and, of course, with the pecuniary backing of the Western nations, Israel won and took even more land than orginally mandated. As if things could have gotten worse.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I'm actually doing a research paper on this right now. Eight pages due on the 20th. I debated it extensively in my senior year of high school. In my debate class, we were split into two groups, one researching and debating for the Palestinian side, and one researching and debating for the Israeli side. We got into it. It was very enlightening, and after realizing that I forgot some of what I learned, I decided to make it my research paper topic. I'm really interested in world affairs. It's like living history.

It is very, very sad, the whole conflict. Israel should have never been plopped there to begin with. If someone came into my state, drew a line down the middle of it and said, "We're usurping this place for our holy land now, nevermind it has religious value to you as well. But wait! You can still have HALF the land! Aren't you happy?" I'd be pissed off too. When the League of Nations orginally mandated that land would be set aside for Israel, I think the original proposal was that (roughly) half of the land would be given to the Israelis, but the Palestinians got pissed and war broke out, and, of course, with the pecuniary backing of the Western nations, Israel won and took even more land than orginally mandated. As if things could have gotten worse.
    Yeah, I'm taking an in depth course on this subject at the moment as well and you're right about the mandates. Clever use of equivocation by some of the British politicians of that time, if you ask me.

edit: interestingly enough, the one jewish member of parliament originally was against plans which were proposed by zionist thinkers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank acetone.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Yeah, I'm taking an in depth course on this subject at the moment as well and you're right about the mandates. Clever use of equivocation by some of the British politicians of that time, if you ask me.
    Clever use of, "Oh, the poor, persecuted Jews!" After the Holocaust, then the world (and particularly the Western nations) really started to think the Jews needed a recompense.

Boy, did they get it. So, I wonder, when do the Palestinians get theirs, and whose ass do they have to kick, and then when does that person get their recompense, and so on? It could go on forever, but in the end, somebody loses out.

I don't know what asshole in the League of Nations (or was it later the United Nations?) actually BOUGHT INTO that Zionist movement, saying, "Yes, yes, of course, the way to end the suffering of these poor people is to make another group of people suffer! They're good sports. *chortle* They'll get over it."

edit: interestingly enough, the one jewish member of parliament originally was against plans which were proposed by zionist thinkers.
    That is interesting. Thank you! I will use that for my research paper.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love