User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I didn't know that.. neither am I.

Do our nationalities change anything in regard to what I said?
    That's for you to decide... but at least you can be aware that anything positive that YLJ may have said about the US was not due to nationalistic boasting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Multiculturalism creates division and feeds racism and racial stereo types.
    Wrong. Ignorance, intolerance and selfishness feed racism, which creates division.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by redScorpion View Post

I think multiculturalism is destroying Western identity
    This implies that there is one Western identity.

My blog:

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    This implies that there is one Western identity.
    Yes there is, the greek-roman judeo-christian "human freedom/enlightment" identity (and now liberal democracy) IS the western idendity. Then each western country has its own local culture.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes there is, the greek-roman judeo-christian "human freedom/enlightment" identity (and now liberal democracy) IS the western idendity. Then each western country has its own local culture.
    I would argue that each country has not only its own culture, but its own identity.

Within that, regions cities, neighborhoods, offices, schools, friend groups, etc have their own identities.

Within that, individuals have their own identities.

So the Western identity that you speak of is already infinitely diverse. If it is threatened by more diversity, perhaps it is time for it to go.

My blog:

MBTI
    INTj

So the Western identity that you speak of is already infinitely diverse. If it is threatened by more diversity, perhaps it is time for it to go.
    Western secularism has core values which are not necessarily shared by other cultures. For example, you might take it for granted that women are not inferior to men. You might think it's OK to criticize religions. You might think gays should not be punished. But those are not majority views in the world. If immigrants are allowed to isolate themselves and reinforce their homeland biases, the choices we take for granted could one day be eliminated by a simple vote.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Wrong. Ignorance, intolerance and selfishness feed racism, which creates division.
    Perhaps you mean you disagree as opposed to saying I am "wrong"..??

I do live in a country that is officially "Multicultural" .

The idea is a good one.. The reality is.. it is it's own worst enemy.

It keeps people apart and divided .. I live in it.
    I experience it everyday.
    There is no multi racial, multi cultural circle of people holding hands singing "It's a small world"
    It's the opposite.
    Racism exists, Prejudice exists and Hatred exists..
    And it's not just the white majority who wear that label now.
    The Vietnamese hate the Chinese, who in turn hate the Cambodians, who in turn hate the Japanese, who hate the Koreans, who cant' stand Africans, who can't stand each other.. Somalians hate Ethiopians , who hate Guyanese, who can't stand the Zulu.
    Who can't stand the Dravidian.. Indians Hate Pakastanis, who can't stand Shri Lankans , who hate The English
    The Irish hate the English, who hate the French , who hate the Spanish.. who can't stand Mexicans.

So they come here and bring all their old battles with them..

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Perhaps you mean you disagree as opposed to saying I am "wrong"..??

I do live in a country that is officially "Multicultural" .

The idea is a good one.. The reality is.. it is it's own worst enemy.
    I was back (after a long time) in my hometown in France few months ago, I was in a mall, all I could see was "exotic" people everywhere speaking "exotic langages" : indians, chinese mostly. And it wasn't 5 or 6 people, there were hundreds of them, I mean wtf ? And they werent tourists, they cleary live here.

And in "multicultural ghettos", immigrant kids dont wanna/learn speak french, they speak their parents language (mostly arab), and teachers complain because they can't do they job anymore, it's crazy ! You know what's the governement response ? TEACH ARAB in school ! :yim_rolling_on_the_ (it aint a joke, this is the sadest part) translation : Western culture is shit, lets get f*cked by third world people and culture ! And let'S get everything "globalized" people(race), culture, money, work, politics, companies etc... The old communist dream.

I'm in Montreal right now, a so-called multicutural city, I've never seen and heard so much racism and sterotypes of my life. And people dont mix at all, whites with whites, blacks with blacks etc... It's sad.... It's a nice-looking city though.

MBTI
    INTj

I'm in Montreal right now, a so-called multicutural city, I've never seen and heard so much racism and sterotypes of my life. And people dont mix at all, whites with whites, blacks with blacks etc... It's sad.... It's a nice-looking city though.
    It isn't that bad. I think cultural diversity is desirable. But we need to promote core values to all.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I was back (after a long time) in my hometown in France few months ago, I was in a mall, all I could see was "exotic" people everywhere speaking "exotic langages" : indians, chinese mostly. And it wasn't 5 or 6 people, there were hundreds of them, I mean wtf ? And they werent tourists, they cleary live here.

And in "multicultural ghettos", immigrant kids dont wanna/learn speak french, they speak their parents language (mostly arab), and teachers complain because they can't do they job anymore, it's crazy ! You know what's the governement response ? TEACH ARAB in school ! :yim_rolling_on_the_ (it aint a joke, this is the sadest part) translation : Western culture is shit, lets get f*cked by third world people and culture ! And let'S get everything "globalized" people(race), culture, money, work, politics, companies etc... The old communist dream.

I grew up in Montreal.. I know what you speak of..