User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I resent a lot of parenting techniques for various reasons, but that doesn't mean they're inhumane necessarily.

I think critiquing this woman's disciplining methods is reasonable, but for it to get nation wide attention and for people to think something trivial like this warrants taking a child from their parent... lol.
    I agree with this.

I bet half the people freaking out have done something that another would find unacceptable. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I resent a lot of parenting techniques for various reasons, but that doesn't mean they're inhumane necessarily.
    How about hitting a child with a cucumber in the vegetable section of a grocery store?
    No, I am not kidding. It happened.
    It never ceases to amaze me what parents do to their kids in public.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    How about hitting a child with a cucumber in the vegetable section of a grocery store?
    It never ceases to amaze me what parents do to their kids in public.
    Yes, I never understood that. I mean the whole act itself is pretty bad, but how idiotic do you have to be to do that to your kid in public ?

It's almost as bad as when parents have their kids on on a leash, and just tug really hard/force-drag them across the floor when the child is amused and still wants to look at something.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I agree with this.

I bet half the people freaking out have done something that another would find unacceptable. <_<
    Tu quoque is a logical fallacy, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's unfortunate that people who act as if they are children have children of their own.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

What's so creepy about that film is that the kid knows exactly what the drill is. It is a total ritual and he knows it by heart. If you've done this crazy shit so often the kid knows it all be heart, obviously it is not working. So why keep doing it?

I would like to see that mother treated in exactly the same way, have hot sauce forced into her mouth and be thrown into ice cold water after having been forced to say she deserved it (because that's what happens when you lie or whatever). Let's see how quick she'd sue for assault and battery. The crap people do to kids makes me sick.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What's so creepy about that film is that the kid knows exactly what the drill is. It is a total ritual and he knows it by heart. If you've done this crazy shit so often the kid knows it all be heart, obviously it is not working. So why keep doing it?

I would like to see that mother treated in exactly the same way, have hot sauce forced into her mouth and be thrown into ice cold water after having been forced to say she deserved it (because that's what happens when you lie or whatever). Let's see how quick she'd sue for assault and battery. The crap people do to kids makes me sick.
    I completely agree. Good post.

Junior Member THE ORACLE OF APATHY's Avatar
    MBTI
    POOP

I think it's a wonderful punishment, not for the child, but for the rest of the human race. It encourages us all not to have kids. Win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...n7313415.shtml

I'm a little shocked by the fit people are raising over this. Do you guys view this as child abuse? Should the child be taken from her?

When I was younger my brother and I had pepper put in our mouths for swearing. Personally, as long as it wasn't some ghost pepper shit and just a mild hot sauce, I'm not entirely opposed to this and not sure why people are so appalled.

Thoughts?
    Well between adults this sort of thing is cruel and unusual punishment, what if we were reading about troops in Iraq compelling prisoners or suspects to swallow hot sauce?

The experience of hostility, dread and humiliation will have a detrimental effect upon any child's growth and development, anyone who says they've experienced corporal punishment and it did them no harm either had a lot of love to off set the experiences or they have been effected in ways they're not prepared to admit to themselves or anyone else or they need to say so because they're using corporal punishment themselves and its serving their needs to discipline another rather than that other's need for discipline.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well between adults this sort of thing is cruel and unusual punishment, what if we were reading about troops in Iraq compelling prisoners or suspects to swallow hot sauce?

The experience of hostility, dread and humiliation will have a detrimental effect upon any child's growth and development, anyone who says they've experienced corporal punishment and it did them no harm either had a lot of love to off set the experiences or they have been effected in ways they're not prepared to admit to themselves or anyone else or they need to say so because they're using corporal punishment themselves and its serving their needs to discipline another rather than that other's need for discipline.
    Are you speaking from experience?

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Tu quoque is a logical fallacy, you know.
    Well thats a point. It doesn't make it right by any means nor does it decrease the seriousness of "child abuse"; Its rather annoying/frustrating when a bunch of self-righteous people, judge someone else for committing a crime they themselves have committed before( and possibly continue to commit). There is no justice in that.