User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You learn a heck of a lot more about parenting when you have 3 different little personality types versus 1. If you only have one child you can squeek by with bad technique, because you have the resources and time for that type of very focused one-on-one parenting. With more, you are taking your most valuable resource (attention) from everyone else in the family with bad parenting skills.

MBTI
    yupp

cold showers seeem really really cruel. the hotsauce i can sort of see, I remember some of my friends had hot sauce or some other strong tasting uncomfortable put on their thumbs as away to stop them from sucking their thumbs when they were 5, it worked for most of them and none of them are ubelievably psychologically screwed up. maybe when I have kids I'll see it differently.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    You learn a heck of a lot more about parenting when you have 3 different little personality types versus 1. If you only have one child you can squeek by with bad technique, because you have the resources and time for that type of very focused one-on-one parenting. With more, you are taking your most valuable resource (attention) from everyone else in the family with bad parenting skills.
    What about 8 different personality types?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What about 8 different personality types?
    Eh, I'm not sure at what you're getting at here, but I have noticed that at about 3 there's a chaining effect. Where if the tone is set right with the older ones they can help out with the younger. If you're talking about some sort of insane brady bunch scenario, you might be screwed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Eh, I'm not sure at what you're getting at here, but I have noticed that at about 3 there's a chaining effect. Where if the tone is set right with the older ones they can help out with the younger. If you're talking about some sort of insane brady bunch scenario, you might be screwed.
    I wasn't sure if you were trying to say that dealing with 3 personality types is the pinnacle of parenting difficulty. I'm still not sure that's not what you're saying.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    cold showers seeem really really cruel. the hotsauce i can sort of see, I remember some of my friends had hot sauce or some other strong tasting uncomfortable put on their thumbs as away to stop them from sucking their thumbs when they were 5, it worked for most of them and none of them are ubelievably psychologically screwed up. maybe when I have kids I'll see it differently.
    I see this as very, very, very different from putting hot sauce in a kid's mouth after swearing. The only thing in common is the hot sauce (and the child, I suppose).

(I had that bitter stuff too, not that it did anything, you'd just keep going until the bad taste was gone, then you're home free)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

I wasn't sure if you were trying to say that dealing with 3 personality types is the pinnacle of parenting difficulty. I'm still not sure that's not what you're saying.
    FWIW, I got from Qlippoth's post that he's taking into account three different personalities because that's what he's got--three kids with 3 different personality types. One size doesn't fit all. There didn't seem to be a tone of superiority.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    FWIW, I got from Qlippoth's post that he's taking into account three different personalities because that's what he's got--three kids with 3 different personality types. One size doesn't fit all. There didn't seem to be a tone of superiority.
    Yup, straight on.

For me the pinnacle was dealing with 1 personality type: ESxJ. That one was almost my end. 'twas rough for both of us, I'm still trying to make up for early mistakes.

Isn't this assuming that you can't raise 3 self-sufficient children? It might be difficult during the early years but should the older ones be made responsible for the younger ones or should they be raised to be able to fend for themselves at an earlier age. I'm not saying self-sufficiency as in the degree of a teenager or adult but greater than the average.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Isn't this assuming that you can't raise 3 self-sufficient children? It might be difficult during the early years but should the older ones be made responsible for the younger ones or should they be raised to be able to fend for themselves at an earlier age. I'm not saying self-sufficiency as in the degree of a teenager or adult but greater than the average.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.. rephrase? plz?