User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    She knew what she was talking about. I'm going to go on a limb here and say not only has she done this before, but she's been involved in other criminal acts.
    It appears she's very comfortable in that situation. These people that did the undercover sting, or whatever it was, were probably tipped off to her involvement in shady stuff like this, and that's probably why they did it.

MBTI
    XXFP

You eradicate the evidence because if you don't, do you think the girls would come in to get treated in the first place? In this case, would your pimp allow you to go here?

Where else would you go? Keep in mind, you possibly don't speak english, you're uneducated. You might not even know what many of us in the states consider common knowledge - you don't understand the basics of condom use, or how to treat STDs, or how they are spread. You're likely afraid of the justice system or the government, quite possibly even if they wouldn't try to jail, fine, or deport you back to where you came from, you still fear this possibility. You are afraid and don't know what is going on, except for the misinformation you hear from your pimp and other girls.

I'd guess that the people who would have the highest likelihood of ever convincing or helping these girls to get out of their situation would be non-government workers who could answer their questions in confidence and then, then!, provide them with information or references to other outlets, social programs, etc.

There are definitely those who are "sex slaves" but in reality many of these girls actually believe (through a variety of factors) that prostitution is a good way to make money for themselves.

From the US Department of Justice Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS)

The majority of minors who become involved in prostitution are runaway or thrown away children from abusive or otherwise dysfunctional homes. They are often lured into prostitution by sophisticated criminals who convince them not only that they will earn money to survive but also that they will be taken care of and have the secure loving environment that they lacked at home. These promises are often honored only in the breach - pimps take the money a child earns on the streets and pimps engage in severe physical abuse to build a relationship of dependency.
    You bust the pimp, he goes to jail, and then what? These girls will quite possibly stay out on the street. It's what they know.

I don't condone the manager's behavior or attitude. That's not what my post was about. I'm simply speaking to the factors that are in play. I truly believe that breeching the law in this case provides a possible best outlet for these girls to get out of their situation and find another life.

EDIT, for clarity:

...and find another life, if the people helping them are truly attempting to look after their interests and not attempt to get in on the action, which may have been what happened here, in part.

To clarify, I think that workers at PP are in a unique position to provide confidential care and education and possibly steer these girls down another path that other sources simply cannot connect to in the same way.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

They should make prostitution legal so they can refocus funding and also the tax monies collected from adult prostitutes towards helping get minors off the streets.

While the Planned Parenthood expose is appalling, the other side of this is that these minors or legal age prostitutes would be pushing out unwanted babies with all kinds of health issues from drug, alcohol and other forms of physical abuse. Which is worse?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You don't have to be pro-life to be against sex trafficking. Crazy concept, I know.

I just watched the video and I don't understand what this woman's motivation is. At first I thought she was just naive, but later on, it seems pretty clear that she knows what's going on. Is she expecting some sort of bribe? Her conduct makes no sense to me.
    Near the end, she mentions a bribe to "streamline" things.

I was amazed at comments like, "Anyone who participates in butchering babies has no solid basis for morals or ethics. This is not a bad example of a PP employee, this is what is expected." that are popping up about this issue. I can't grasp how people think a single despicable person means that abortion is horrible.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    Near the end, she mentions a bribe to "streamline" things.
    Watch it again. Technical detail but could be an important one.

The pimp asks "is there any way we could, like, streamline..." to which she starts nodding and interrupts him I think to say "yeah we could..." while he goes on talking "...slide you a little" and it goes on. The concept of a bribe is not mentioned again. It's unclear if she was nodding to the concept (given the context of the conversation) that they come in on certain days or if she was going to accept a bribe.

I suspect it's possible (but not proven) that this may have been par-to-course for her and the reason the sting was set up in the first place. She was getting kickbacks. If she mentioned it herself, there would be proof of motivation.

That's my read of that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

If she's taking bribes, I hope they make a very public example of her.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

In the full length one the investigator says something like "how much? 100?" and she responds that they will figure it out later. She never asks for a bribe but she is aware of it.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Planned Parenthood Provides Reproductive Health Care to Sex Workers is more like it. This woman is just extremely matter of fact. She knows she's not going to do any good by gasping and reporting and refusing to be sullied, etc. There are always pimps and there are always prostitutes, and she's just dealing with the facts. They're not there to get into the morality of the situation; they're there to provide services and not be all up in your business.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Another perspective:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...renthood_sting

Between Jan. 11 and Jan. 15, five separate Planned Parenthood clinics received mysterious visits from men who claimed to be involved in underage sex-trafficking. This meant, obviously, that someone was trying to pull a James O'Keefe-style "sting," in which deceptively edited Internet videos would prove that some organization dedicated to providing services to the poor or otherwise non-privileged was in fact engaged in high crimes and conspiracy against freedom.

It didn't really work, because Planned Parenthood quickly caught on and alerted the FBI. (BigJournalism.com exclusive: Planned Parenthood alerts the authorities when confronted by self-proclaimed human traffickers!) Planned Parenthood suspected that the hoaxer had ties to Live Action, an antiabortion activist group run by Lila Rose, a sometime O'Keefe partner-in-undercover-stinging. And Live Action confirmed its involvement by posting the sad results of its exhaustive video investigation today. It caught one staffer possibly advising a make-believe pimp to send a make-believe underage prostitute somewhere where her abortion would not be reported. (It is obviously impossible to tell what actually happened without the unedited video.) (And also this Planned Parenthood alerted the authorities about the weird visit.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    In the full length one the investigator says something like "how much? 100?" and she responds that they will figure it out later. She never asks for a bribe but she is aware of it.
    Ok, I stand corrected, I didn't watch the full full version. My youtube has been slow lately but I'll give it a browse. Don't know why they would edit that out though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also added an edit to an above post to clarify a concept.