User Tag List

First 1234 Last

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfoDFCunRPA"]No music, no comment[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Banned

These dots represent the great pyramids of Giza. May they stand tall and hock a loogie at the gods!

ReflecTcelfeR

A good ole' fashion rebellion! Well, there is no turning back now. Take it down and rebuild it, make it better. Best of luck to them. I know nothing of why this started, but if it is the best thing for them to do, then time will show it.

I hope they do succeed. Every country that succeeds in liberating itself from american imperialism gives hope to every other country in bondage.

My opinion is that this will not solve anything. Actually it is quite likely that it will only make it worse.

Their main problem(s) are general population trends, not politics .
    Here is what the Wikipeda says about this.
    Also you are free to google everything related to this. Or you can just study the wikipedia information in detail since most of important things write there.
    (birth/death ratio trully says pretty much everything as well as the diagram in the upper right corner)

Also I invite you to google/explore the Egyptian food imports. Since it seems that every year they import about 40-50% or the food they consume since 90% of their country is litterally a desret. So even if they get most of the food they need so massive import is making real economic progress unlikely no matter what you do.

So to be honet with everybody here I don't approve how western media are showing this as political problem and fighting for freedom. While on the other hand it is pretty obvious that in the background this has very little to do with politics. (and that is exactly why common people seem to be so united against their goverment)
    So feel free to call me a none idealistic jerk but my bet goes on the scenario that this people will suffer even more not matter what the outcome of this revolution is.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

My bet is that the military will take over, and oust Mubarak, with popular support. Not a bad thing.. they are a respected institution in Egypt by the people. And some semblance of a democracy will take place, not the total sham democracy that had been going on for 30 years.

The main bad possible outcome, is if the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt takes control, but they tried to co-opt the protest, and that failed. They are big in numbers though, but it's only a small chance of happening. Most of the population is younger, under 30. And they have more of a liberal mindset, and want democracy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

.....and the price for a barrel of Brent oil has just broken the 100$ margin.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Actually it is quite likely that it will only make it worse.
    Propably not. And even if it will in short term, these uprisings will have a long-term effect on democratic movements in and around North Africa.
    It kinda reminds me on the revolutionary waves of 1830 and 1848.

MBTI
    STUF

They just turned the internet back on, everyone will go inside now, the whole thing should be forgotten shortly.
    Whoops.