User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Despite the test itself being flawed (as most tests are), a 10 point gap seems pretty significant, even if centered at about 100. Probably like 40th percentile vs. 60th percentile... but I'd need to look at their research further.

Oberon

I think that, in all of society's major institutions there is a process that is described more or less by the Noam Chomsky article at this link.

Liberal domination of major institutions isn't a function of intelligence, but a function of cultural gatekeeping. Same goes for conservative domination of big businesses.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Your link didn't work for me, so here's another one: http://www.ironshrink.com/articles09..._conservatives

The study appears to be bullshit.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think that, in all of society's major institutions there is a process that is described more or less by the Noam Chomsky article at this link.

Liberal domination of major institutions isn't a function of intelligence, but a function of cultural gatekeeping. Same goes for conservative domination of big businesses.
    There's also the general theory that people in power tend to have higher IQ anyways, regardless of political persuation. The defendants at the Nuremberg trials were administered IQ tests by the U.S. Army. Long story short, the average score was 128 - with Hjalmar Schacht's 143 as highest and Julius Streicher's 107 as lowest.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...efendants.html

Ever gone through undergrad and grad school? You'll know exactly why "liberals" appear to have higher IQs. There's a whole ton of brainwashing going on within these institutions of higher learning.

Oberon

Meta, see my link posted above... Noam Chomsky addresses the very thing you mention.

Whoah Oberon! You're quoting Chomsky?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well I guess this confirms the correlation between higher IQs and lack of common sense.
    As soon as I saw this thread, I knew someone would make some comment about "common sense".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Sniffles

Looks like I'm the lucky one today!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Whoah Oberon! You're quoting Chomsky?
    I thought a Chomsky citation would be particularly effective under the circumstances.