First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Also, I know there are going to be swords and bloodshed following this post, so I'm gonna back away slowly and let you guyz finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Among other things, they age and they vote - in favor of gay marriage, for instance.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

interesting.

were i to play devil's advocate, i would assert that more intelligence does not mean "better". it might mean more able and likely to self-destruct.

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    Liberals think they’re more intelligent than conservatives because they are
    Incidentally, this finding substantiates one of the persistent complaints among conservatives. Conservatives often complain that liberals control the media or the show business or the academia or some other social institutions. The Hypothesis explains why conservatives are correct in their complaints. Liberals do control the media, or the show business, or the academia, among other institutions, because, apart from a few areas in life (such as business) where countervailing circumstances may prevail, liberals control all institutions. They control the institutions because liberals are on average more intelligent than conservatives and thus they are more likely to attain the highest status in any area of (evolutionarily novel) modern life.

i sense circular logic, and brilliant circular logic at that.

i'm sure this would bug me more if i were a conservative, but i'm not. i suppose what it makes me wonder is, so what? so liberals are smarter. does that mean that they should run more things? "smarter" doesn't necessarily mean "more able" or more skilled in any area.

i mean, let's face it, the IQ test was made by a bunch of old white guys, liberals... Stern was the grandson of a reformer and was a Jew ousted from his homeland and came over to the US, Terman was a prof, Weschler was a Romanian immigrant living in NY, etc. i mean, you could totally argue that the IQ test itself is biased towards liberals. it probably is.

conclusion: life is really just one giant liberal conspiracy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    conclusion: life is really just one giant liberal conspiracy.
    Or in other words, reality has a liberal bias

But yeah, I would guess this is because of the biases of the IQ test. You aren't going to score super high if you rely on tradition for your answers.

MBTI
    FREE

Even though past studies show that women are more liberal than men, and blacks are more liberal than whites, the effect of childhood intelligence on adult political ideology is twice as large as the effect of either sex or race.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe because these kids are more open to new ideas compared to the more conservative kids, who may end up following traditions of his/her family?

I would of thought a moderate would be smarter?

No, this post was not intended to get people mad.
    Last edited by Rail Tracer; 01-24-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Sniffles

Well I guess this confirms the correlation between higher IQs and lack of common sense.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

hmm, there seems to be a number of interesting and intelligent individuals on this site, I look forward to participating more ^_^

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

For example, among the American sample, those who identify themselves as “very liberal” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 106.4, whereas those who identify themselves as “very conservative” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 94.8.
    10 IQ points is hardly an exciting difference. Particularly with the many flaws of the IQ test.

And correlation and causation, smart conservatives and dumb liberals exist, IQ and race, blah blah blah. I'm almost positive that lower-income, blue-collar families will tend to raise kids with lower IQs, and will also tend to raise conservatives, as a gross stereotype. That's just one plausible conflating factor.

I thought their definition of liberal was very interesting, too: "the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others."
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

I must be hanging around the wrong liberals.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    ENTP

Interesting fact (sort of fact):

Liberals watch TV shows like Dexter, Mad Men, while conservatives watch competitive shows, reality shows.

Also, the IQ test doesn't measure "intelligence" as in general intelligence, it measures a specific type of intelligence. We can't quantify intelligence...

People are labeled as liberals, conservatives, like it's a fight between 2 species of people, everybody's looking for differences between liberals and conservatives , I swear...the only thing I hear about liberals and conservatives (I live in Europe)...are the differences between them. Liberals want to do that... conservatives want do to that, liberals eat salads conservatives eat pork etc.