User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Torai View Post
    Yeah, but really, Arclight, everyone on the internet hates all-caps because it sounds like shouting. You should use italics.
    "Please don't make broad sweeping generalizations in this thread" ~ Torai

"Everyone on the internet hates all-caps because it sounds like shouting" ~ Torai

I don't Hate all caps.. Did you just make a broad sweeping generalization?

Sounds? I cant hear on the internet.. Therefore the mistake we all make, is in our own interpretations.

Capitals might mean shouting, or it might mean emphasis.. I usually put it in context.. If a whole sentence is caps.. I see shouting, if it's just a few words, I see emphasis.

I have read the rules .. The rules state.. Using ONLY capitals.. is considered yelling.

I have not seen anywhere, where using "words" in capital form means yelling.. I have however seen capitals used countless times to express emphasis.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My IQ dropped 10 points just reading some of the dumbasses in this thread.

EDIT. At least we learned that Arclight IS BLUNT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    My IQ dropped 10 points just reading some of the dumbasses in this thread.
    Your mind is very fragile.

Banned

I fully support the concept of gay marriage. Why not? Live and let live I say as long as it's what both people want to do.

On other issues I recommend that people don't launch watermelons at themselves.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Damn my hypocrisy! It's so fun, though. And besides, this thread went off-topic a while ago, and I wasn't making a formal debate. My point is, watch how you type because all-caps is looked down on by a lot of people because it's easily misinterpreted. Italics are less risky, that's all I'm saying.

Besides, Salome, Arclight isn't a dumbass. He made a valid point. There are a lot of people who expect preferential treatment, and he doesn't want anyone put up on a pedestal for something trivial such as sexual orientation. He wants everyone to be treated equally. People just misunderstood it, that's all.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Torai View Post
    Damn my hypocrisy! It's so fun, though. And besides, this thread went off-topic a while ago, and I wasn't making a formal debate But all-caps is looked down on by a lot of people because it's easily misinterpreted. Italics have less risk, that's all I'm saying.

Besides, Salome, Arclight isn't a dumbass. He made a valid point. There are a lot of people who expect preferential treatment, and he doesn't want anyone put up on a pedestal for something trivial such as sexual orientation. He wants everyone to be treated equally. People just misunderstood it, that's all.
    Thank You.. Someone finally gets it..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If gays want to do disgusting, horrible, immoral things in the privacy of their own home, within the confines of a sinful, blasphemous relationship, who are we to judge?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    If gays want to do disgusting, horrible, immoral things in the privacy of their own home, within the confines of a sinful, blasphemous relationship, who are we to judge?
    Well said and well timed.. Humor is always the perfect tonic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Maybe...
    Homosexuality is biologically counter productive. Obviously we'll never get rid of it homosexuality entirely (it's probably a natural part of the human psyche) but since it's unnatural it shouldn't be tolerated. Allowing gay marriage would be tolerating it. <- if you can accept that, then all that remains is proving homosexuality as biologically counter productive.

As humans our goal is to pass on our genes in order to sustain (and ultimately improve) our species. Allowing gay marriage would not discourage people to not pass on their genes by not seeking someone who would enable them to do so. (I don't expect anyone to get that..In other words, allowing gay marriage would not discourage homosexuality. This "not-discouraging" would allow people who would otherwise start families to not start families..instead they'd just live with their gay partner and perhaps adopt children.) By them not passing on their genes, they are ultimately not making the species as great as it could be. (Gene variety, gene competition etc etc). So, gay marriage should be discouraged. By allowing gay marriage you do not discourage it..which ultimately hurts the whole species.
    Sitting at a desk for 9 hrs a day is not natural. We should discourage that too.
    Intercourse is no longer needed to reproduce and it is possible (not practical) for a man to carry a baby in his abdomen, though not recommended.
    Many hetero couples marry without procreating or are infertile.
    Adoption is just a natural solution of supply/demand
    Considering the current world population (and restrictions on # of children in places like China) it should not be every persons duty to reproduce. In fact, the world would be better if some people did not.
    Eventually there will not be enough food/water to support a growing population.
    We will all be cleansed by an asteroid, cataclysm or epidemic eventually (Or most of us), so nature will take care of all these "problems" and imbalances eventually.
    As someone else said, homosexual behaviors occur throughout nature and is part of nature and not a "conscious choice". That's not to say it is the norm within a given culture. Most definitely homosexuals are a minority.

If someone handed you a gay magazine, do you think it would encourage you to go "gay"?

I don't care if its legal or not. It doesn't hurt me. I don't know that it needs to be called "marriage", but they should have the same rights to hospital visitations, living will decisions, inheritance that heteros have. Seems that should satisfy both parties as a compromise.
    I wish Marriage itself wasn't a legal/state/federal issue and merely a cultural/religious decision. It has not adjusted to the times.
    Last edited by ScorpioINTP; 01-23-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioINTP View Post
    Sitting at a desk for 9 hrs a day is not natural. We should discourage that too.
    Intercourse is no longer needed to reproduce and it is possible (not practical) for a man to carry a baby in his abdomen, though not recommended.
    Many hetero couples marry without procreating or are infertile.
    Adoption is just a natural solution of supply/demand
    Considering the current world population (and restrictions on # of children in places like China) it should not be every persons duty to reproduce. In fact, the world would be better if some people did not.
    Eventually there will not be enough food/water to support a growing population.
    We will all be cleansed by an asteroid, cataclysm or epidemic eventually (Or most of us), so nature will take care of all these "problems" and imbalances eventually.
    As someone else said, homosexual behaviors occur throughout nature and is part of nature and not a "conscious choice". That's not to say it is the norm within a given culture. Most definitely homosexuals are a minority.

If someone handed you a gay magazine, do you think it would encourage you to go "gay"?

I don't care if its legal or not. It doesn't hurt me. I don't know that it needs to be called "marriage", but they should have the same rights to hospital visitations, living will decisions, inheritance that heteros have. Seems that should satisfy both parties as a compromise.
    I wish Marriage itself wasn't a legal/state/federal issue and merely a cultural/religious decision. It has not adjusted to the times.
    Why is sitting at a desk for 9 hrs each day not natural? I've come to think of it as almost a given for large segments of human populations. Without desks, our productivity decreases significantly, so why wouldn't a population utilize desks as a means to increase productivity?