If anyone thinks that traditional marriage is good marriage, here are some things you may be forgetting about traditional marriage:
1. Marriage was once for the purpose of property and money only. No love, just a business deal.
2. A 14-year-old girl marrying a 40-year-old-man was a-okay.
3. Children were born to work, and quantity was more important than quality.
4. It was legal and perfectly acceptable for a man to abuse a disobedient wife.
5. Men also had the right to get sex whenever he pleased, thus making rape within a marriage never actually considered "rape".
6. Interracial marriage and marriage between people of different religions was illegal and taboo.
If one says that allowing gay people to marry is something they are against due to violation of tradition, I hope they consider the things above part of this tradition and are working to make those traditions acceptable again. Otherwise, they are being a tad hypocritical.