User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    RAWR! Definition of Value: "import or meaning; force; significance: the value of a word. " If one wants it bad enough, I suppose one will make it happen. If I go into detail, I'll be politically incorrect, crude and crucified. So, I'll refrain and simply state that gay marriage is illegal for a logical reason.

-end of thread-
    You find same-sex sex acts to be disgusting and thus assign no value to them. Your logic stems from this disgust.

Many other people find same-sex acts to be beneficial or are indifferent and thus they are willing to assign more value to the acts and to same-sex marriage.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    You find same-sex sex acts to be disgusting and thus assign no value to them. Your logic stems from this disgust.
    I do?? What else am I thinking and feeling this moment? Confess...

Permabanned

Marriage is just a social institution. Nothing logical about it.
    Hmm..how about this one...
    Marriage is a social institution. Since it is simply that, then shouldn't those who engage in the institution be able to say what is and what isn't acceptable withing that institution? Obviously, people have decided (at least for the time being) that gay marriage is not acceptable within this institution. Should the institution be forced to change simply because a minority think that it should? People's opinions on homosexuality (even if non logical) entitle them to create institutions that express their beliefs. Institutions like marriage are simply extensions of that (others would include Islam, Christianity, vegeterianism (?) etc). As long as gay people can "marry" (although they can't use that term since it implies that the actual institution of marriage accepts homosexuality (may I propose garriage?) ) and are afforded equal rights to those that are married, then why force an institution to change to meet the needs of the minority, especially when 1)it doesn't have to 2) it doesn't want to 3) it is of no consequence in the end?

Basically, the majority say no gay marriage...so no gay marriage. If you have a problem with it, create your own marriage (ie civil unions, right?) but we want it made clear that our marriage is different from yours. Doing otherwise is basically forcing the majority to adapt to the minority..basically forcing your beliefs onto people who have clearly rejected them.

I do?? What else am I thinking at feeling this moment? Confess...
    Sure... you think you're being clever.

But, you're not.

At all.

A window to the soul

I really don't care about clever or values. I care about what's real and more importantly, logical. Gay marriage is not logical. It doesn't go down any easier wrapped in a delicious corn tortilla and topped with my favorite sharp cheddar cheese, dipped in a cilantro seasoned sauce, yums.

Biologically speaking, if you can prove your case, I'm willing to listen to you. Otherwise, I'm not...

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What happens in a place where Gay Marriage is legal??

I'll tell you what happens.. after fighting for their civil rights to obtain "equality" and thus granted them.. For some reason, there is still a culture of "treat me special, because I am different".. There is still a Gay pride parade.. which is apparently politically motivated.. except now there is no need.. SO now a gay parade is a celebration of sexuality .. which is fine.. except all over the place around here , things like valentines day now considered politically incorrect because they don't promote all sexualities.

If equality is obtained.. Then what right do gays have to claim a distinct culture based on sexuality?
    Then you could say hetero relationships are also a "distinct culture" and thus marriage is part of that culture that gays had no right challenging.

SO the issue now is.. You are gay.. so fucking what?? Put it away and act normal.. because you are normal right?
    No more parades.. No more rainbows.. no more culture of sexuality..
    You are a special interest group or you are aren't . Having both is bullshit and will just breed more intolerance.

Sniffles

I really don't care about clever or values. I care about what's real and more importantly, logical. Gay marriage is not logical. It doesn't go down any easier wrapped in a delicious corn tortilla and topped with my favorite sharp cheddar cheese, dipped in a cilantro seasoned sauce, yums.
    Can you elaborate on why you think so? I ask because failure to do so opens you up to a charge of Argumentum ad lapidem.

Biologically speaking, if you can prove your case, I'm willing to listen to you. Otherwise, I'm not...

Now you're making me think you don't know what logic is either.

Quote Originally Posted by Torai View Post
    If you want to make an argument, you have to make it purely logical. No Bible-quoting. Also, no sweeping generalizations.
    Well schucks why dont you just start from no disagreement and work from there.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I'll tell you what happens.. after fighting for their civil rights to obtain "equality" and thus granted them.. For some reason, there is still a culture of "treat me special, because I am different".. There is still a Gay pride parade.. which is apparently politically motivated.. except now there is no need.. SO now a gay parade is a celebration of sexuality .. which is fine.. except all over the place around here , things like valentines day now considered politically incorrect because they don't promote all sexualities.

If equality is obtained.. Then what right do gays have to claim a distinct culture based on sexuality?
    Then you could say hetero relationships are also a "distinct culture" and thus marriage is part of that culture that the gays had no right challenging.

SO the issue now is.. You are gay.. so fucking what?? Put it away and act normal.. because you are normal right?
    No more parades.. No more rainbows.. no more culture of sexuality..

You are a special interest group or you are aren't . Having both is bullshit and will just breed more intolerance.
    Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Now you're making me think you don't know what logic is either.
    INFP's!!!

I choose not to fight with you or hurt you! I agree to disagree with you now. I think you're a cool guy despite this conflict.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 01-29-2011 at 04:32 PM.