User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Thread: Feminism

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Now that this thread has been declared FUBAR'ed, I have a single nonconstructive comment to make:

You people are trying too hard.
    Last edited by Nadir; 02-24-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Removed the gender-innuendo just in case someone decides to nest on it
    Not really.

I'm not the biggest feminist... i believe in equal rights and all that jazz but Feminists tend to seem too extreme for me. My mother is a big feminist and i hate talking to her on some problems. I feel like since she IS a woman she can only see the problems towards women. I mean racisim is just as bad and maybe even moreso...

feminists always seem to think that women are superior or atleast make it look that way... i view that as hypocritical and it annoys me. I'm sure thier are those who view them as completley equal but at this time i only met feminists who don't seem to.

Descrimination is hurting and always has been hurting all the minorities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The thing I hate about this topic is how people tend to react to feminism as if it's this monolithic movement in which all the adherents feel strongly about ONLY feminist issues, and all feel the same about those. Sure, there are singleminded feminists. There are all kinds of feminists. It's a rich and beautiful tapestry, or whatever.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    I'm not the biggest feminist... i believe in equal rights and all that jazz but Feminists tend to seem too extreme for me. My mother is a big feminist and i hate talking to her on some problems. I feel like since she IS a woman she can only see the problems towards women. I mean racisim is just as bad and maybe even moreso...

feminists always seem to think that women are superior or atleast make it look that way... i view that as hypocritical and it annoys me. I'm sure thier are those who view them as completley equal but at this time i only met feminists who don't seem to.

Descrimination is hurting and always has been hurting all the minorities.
    As Ivy says below and I + others have said above, not all feminists are the same nor even all feminists look at the issues which effect women but also effect men + other ethnicities + other factors, including the environment. You've just generalised all of them by viewing them as one organism as badly as you think they appear to be so singleminded in uniform. Since you've said you've only met those kinds of feminists in real life, then you should say so instead of "feminists always seem" etc.

Oh, and did you read all of the other posts highlighting all that I remarked? We pretty much came to a cease-fire, anyway.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Oh, and did you read all of the other posts highlighting all that I remarked? We pretty much came to a cease-fire, anyway.
    Speak for yourself.....I never come to a cease-fire........Oh, you're talking about the Feminist conversation...........never mind. LOL.

MBTI
    infp

This thread has been very insightful, by the way. Just wanted to say that

MBTI
    ENTJ

What are your thoughts on feminism? What kind of idealogies do you like/dislike?
    I'm rather indifferent to it.

I don't really have any particular opinion, other than that it goes without saying that there should be gender equality. I'm a man, by the way.
    It makes sense to have equal pay and rights for equal competence, regardless of gender.

I've heard some people say that feminism is irrelevant in modern society. What are your opinions on that?
    It's becoming less and less relevant.

And lastly, I've heard people say that feminism has gotten to the point it opresses men. What are your opinions on that?
    Nonsense.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Wow, I consider myself very egalitarian, but some of the comments in this thread are pretty offensive as a man.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Examples?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Examples?
    "Men are tools" (not true)

"Expendable sex" (ABSOLUTELY not true, we could just as easily duplicate eggs)

"Men are clinically insane and shouldn't hold office" (What?)

I mean, I am assuming these are examples of hyperbole here, but jeez. What the hell would make people say things like that?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"