User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Feminism

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    And then, if I may, as a "female", say in reverse to your claiming I can't understand males as I'm not a male, then why can you, a "male", claim to say how females "should act" when you shouldn't be able to understand them either? lol
    I said I was wrong. I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic
    So all of this is a good enough reason to not double the size of our forces?
    That is the theoretical potential after all. Besides, the army is pretty good at condition people to be fucked-up, we can probably get guys to not care so much about female compatriots.
    Until we are in danger of a draft (which we are not even close to), then I don't care about doubling the size of the military. Most people complain about how much we spend on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo
    Just because that is the way it is makes it right? That would be reason to change it.
    I didn't say it was right (although I think it is). But you don't put people's lives in danger based on what -should- be right. You think about how things are.

I'm not talking about a dream world. I'm talking about my social duty to work toward social justice. Social justice may never be achievable, but it is a worthy goal. I think your passion is starting to get in the way of your logic.
    That's all good, but not when you apply it to a situation where you are putting people's lives at risk. Social justice does not win wars. Passion getting in the way of my logic? I am saying that there is a tangible, real, threat to effectiveness and you are saying that we should do it because it is the right thing to do.

Even more reason for it to change. If our military is so inhibited because of these traditional values of men protecting women, then in our modern military it is probably essential that we have women there to start the process of change so future generations will think differently and people won't be denied equal opportunity based solely on a desire to preserve unfair and unjustified traditions.
    No offense. I understand what you are saying, with help from BMS. But the fact is, I don't want to be stuck in the field one day, putting my life at risk, worrying about some woman (with her own medical things to deal with) in the name of social justice.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I said I was wrong. I'm not going to keep repeating myself.
    But you keep repeating the mistake. You did tell me I shouldn't say on how males act as I couldn't possibly know so. I was pointing out that you couldn't do the same either for females even if you retracted that earlier statement. B/c while you may have retracted it, by telling me I can't know b/c you probably know more is, to me, initiating that view point again lol

It's as I pointed that you couldn't possibly know how all males act just as I couldn't possibly know how all females act.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I didn't say it was right (although I think it is). But you don't put people's lives in danger based on what -should- be right. You think about how things are.
    You think it is right because that is your traditional value. Men should protect women and so forth. It's not a bad value to have as long as it doesn't lead to discriminating against women.

That's all good, but not when you apply it to a situation where you are putting people's lives at risk. Social justice does not win wars. Passion getting in the way of my logic? I am saying that there is a tangible, real, threat to effectiveness and you are saying that we should do it because it is the right thing to do.
    I'm not just saying we should do it because it is the right thing to do, I'm saying we should do it because "there is a tangible, real, threat to effectiveness" and that inhibits our military from being all that it can be in addition to interfering with social justice. What wins wars is having the best military, and ours would be a lot better if didn't discriminate and deny itself qualified people because its stuck trying to defend unjustifiable traditional beliefs.

No offense. I understand what you are saying, with help from BMS. But the fact is, I don't want to be stuck in the field one day, putting my life at risk, worrying about some woman (with her own medical things to deal with) in the name of social justice.
    I understand what you are saying too, and have no fear because social justice is slow to change things. The question probably won't be whether you are willing to serve with women, but whether your children will be. Hopefully by then, the attitudes about women will have changed enough by the gradual introduction of women into service that we will no longer be inhibited by those weaknesses of which you have spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

After reading this thread I've realized a few things:

-The concept/constructs of modern day feminism along with all other politically correct driven ideologies, are, for lack of a more politically correct word, stupid.

-To ignore facts in order to coddle someone's feelings, is not only dangerous, but insulting.

-Biology is an interesting field of study, I recommend it highly.

-Logic....where would I be without it.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    After reading this thread I've realized a few things:

-The concept/constructs of modern day feminism along with all other politically correct driven ideologies, are, for lack of a more politically correct word, stupid.

-To ignore facts in order to coddle someone's feelings, is not only dangerous, but insulting.

-Biology is an interesting field of study, I recommend it highly.

-Logic....where would I be without it.
    Well, I don't know what type you are, but you aren't an ENFP. I actually studied biology in depth and I noticed you ignored my cite of Bonobo chimps as well as many of the other inferences as to how society would better function if we had a more socially just society. My conclusion; whatever type you are doesn't do much to provide you even with logic. In fact, your attitude throughout this entire thread has been an attempt to be contrary based on a very limited view of biology and even more limited view on the functioning of society.

Wikipedia is not a substitute for a good education.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

CUTE
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The bonobo thing really isn't that significant...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The bonobo thing really isn't that significant...
    Thank you for attacking my arguments without any justification whatsoever and thereby proving...nothing. This thread has reached the FUBAR level, so I will bid it ado.

MBTI
    INFP

What type are you kiddo? INFJ?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    What type are you kiddo? INFJ?
    Well I was before I lost my temper.