User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Feminism

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    That's why I said I was wrong.

WHERE did YOU say YOU were WRONG? Someone find and highlight the damn thing as my Si is weak as a newborn kitten getting roughed around by overly curious children who think they are playing nice but aren't!

Nvm, I shall find it myself...it will be enjoyed more that way

MBTI
    OMNi

Yes to the first question.

It is a tangible operational risk. I'm glad you find it funny, though.

and protecting females isn't a "traditional problem"
    I would have no respect for a guy who didn't do it. Just so, it would be bound to happen on the battlefield.

I would consider a large amount of personal experience "logical basis"
    So you have your own beliefs on how genders should act. And you see no problem on imposing those beliefs on others by denying them opportunities based solely on their sex. Well it's my pursuit in life to see it that people like you don't get their way and that society treats people equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    That is your own view on how males should act. I would think that given the circumstances one, whether male OR female, should make the decision that greater benefits the whole of the group. Even with romantic partners as fellow soldiers, it should be the same, in choosing over the best outcome for the group instead of the best outcome for that person.

Again, wouldn't you say that it's indicative of poor training if they can't do as much?
    That is how males -do- act. You can't understand because you aren't one. I'm not saying that discipline wouldn't outweight most of the time. But it only takes one mistake to fuck people's worlds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo
    So you have your own beliefs on how genders should act. And you see no problem on imposing those beliefs on others by denying them opportunities based solely on their sex. Well it's my pursuit in life to see it that people like you don't get their way and that society treats people equally.
    If I said, "I have no respect for guys who rape little kids." Would you consider that imposing my beliefs on people? It is in people's best interest to prevent it from happening. I hope people continue to be treated equally in your dream world. Hope you never enlist.

I'm not just talking out of my ass. Every single special operator that I heard from has been -strongly- of the opinion that women in professions like theirs would severely hinder their capabilities.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1. Women are generally not as phycially capable as men. There are very few women who could seriously ruck 100+lbs. for miles.
    I don't dispute this generalization, but what does it have to do with specific women who can meet the physical requirements?

2. Women would be a huge distraction when the vast majority (male soldiers) need to have their head in the game.
    Men can't be professionals and ignore distractions?

3. Any guy worth half a nut would put a higher priority on protecting females than his fellow males, even if it is done subconciously. This leads to potentially rash decision making at a time when everyone's life may hang in the balance. And that is not even including romantic relationships.
    This argument could also apply when you're good friends with some of the guys in your unit, but guys seem to be able to deal with that fine.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    My guess is some women think they cannot compete in the arena using the same weaponry as the men--intellect, wit, bravado, skills, you name it--because they were raised by people that didn't acknowledge them and praise them for those things, so they whip out the old "I'm sexy; therefore I'm powerful." because they lack the practice, confidence and the mentors to be successful as a being that does not flaunt one's sexuality.
    Good point. And who can really blame them when that sort of activity is praised?

I understand the exploration of sexuality, but I feel like we're talking about something different here. It's as if because women are choosing to be objectified, it's okay. However, I can't really get past the general objectification element of it all.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. Women are generally not as phycially capable as men. There are very few women who could seriously ruck 100+lbs. for miles.

2. Women would be a huge distraction when the vast majority (male soldiers) need to have their head in the game.

3. Any guy worth half a nut would put a higher priority on protecting females than his fellow males, even if it is done subconciously. This leads to potentially rash decision making at a time when everyone's life may hang in the balance. And that is not even including romantic relationships.
    Yup, yup, and yup^2
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This argument could also apply when you're good friends with some of the guys in your unit, but guys seem to be able to deal with that fine.
    It isn't the same emotional feeling.

It would be like me trying to explain Ni to an Ne.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    My guess is some women think they cannot compete in the arena using the same weaponry as the men--intellect, wit, bravado, skills, you name it--because they were raised by people that didn't acknowledge them and praise them for those things, so they whip out the old "I'm sexy; therefore I'm powerful." because they lack the practice, confidence and the mentors to be successful as a being that does not flaunt one's sexuality.
    Little boys are all BLUE with toys to play with such as trucks and toy soldiers and cars and puzzles! Little girls are all PINK with toys to play with such as barbies (incorrectly named as it's just a name of a doll) and easybake ovens and teddie bears, awwwwwww!

Every time I was given a frickin' barbie for a toy by people, I'd thank them and then promptly burn or cut up or shave its head. My best friend also did the same. My sis the same (I didn't teach her, I swear! )

Every time I was given something pink by my mother trying to stop me from being a tomboy I fumed. When I began wearing make up early, she loved it and she always took ME mass shopping and to tell me I needed to be more "soft" to appeal to guys. Never had a problem in that arena, it's just the majority of males I'm surrounded by I find grossly lacking for my needs and wants and desires, nvm mind baisc attractions!

Note: I don't wear makeup any more. I was just trying it out for fun and sometimes do it for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphy
    That is how males -do- act. You can't understand because you aren't one.
    :rolli: Oh please lol Are you EVERY single male and know how EVERY single male acts? Nope! Which is why I won't claim to know but to observe and make certain distinctions and allow for change as change occurs.

And then, if I may, as a "female", say in reverse to your claiming I can't understand males as I'm not a male, then why can you, a "male", claim to say how females "should act" when you shouldn't be able to understand them either? lol

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

So all of this is a good enough reason to not double the size of our forces?
    That is the theoretical potential after all. Besides, the army is pretty good at condition people to be fucked-up, we can probably get guys to not care so much about female compatriots.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    OMNi

That is how males -do- act. You can't understand because you aren't one. I'm not saying that discipline wouldn't outweight most of the time. But it only takes one mistake to fuck people's worlds up.
    Just because that is the way it is makes it right? That would be reason to change it.

If I said, "I have no respect for guys who rape little kids." Would you consider that imposing my beliefs on people? It is in people's best interest to prevent it from happening. I hope people continue to be treated equally in your dream world. Hope you never enlist.
    Um...what would that have to do with this situation? Are you actually comparing a child molester (somebody who has actually done something to deserve restriction) to women (who you would like to impose restriction on simply because of their sex)? I'm not talking about a dream world. I'm talking about my social duty to work toward social justice. Social justice may never be achievable, but it is a worthy goal. I think your passion is starting to get in the way of your logic.

I'm not just talking out of my ass. Every single special operator that I heard from has been -strongly- of the opinion that women in professions like theirs would severely hinder their capabilities.
    Even more reason for it to change. If our military is so inhibited because of these traditional values of men protecting women, then in our modern military it is probably essential that we have women there to start the process of change so future generations will think differently and people won't be denied equal opportunity based solely on a desire to preserve unfair and unjustified traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.