MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default The Fountain Lady

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...y-aid-23909987

So what do you think, should this woman have a right so sue over something like this? We're the security offiers wrong for posting this video on the internet?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

The real question is:

If you were the fountain lady, why on earth would you ever publicly confess to being her?

She wasn't clearly visible in the tapes and could have got away with anonymity. Personally, I think all the money in the world would not make reliving that embarrassment worthwhile...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

It is probably legally wrong because it was security footage that was posted. If that were not the case, then of course not. People could sue over any less than flattering depiction of themselves, and that would be stupid and a terrible drain on time, energy, and resources.

MBTI
    INTP

They were stupid to post the video as employees of the mall, but she was more stupid for texting without watching where she was going. She is just seeing an opportunity to try to get some money without doing anything for it. I'm continually disgusted by that part of our culture.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Now malls are going to put railings around their fountains so people can't fall in and sue the mall. Yay!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Phantonym

Whoever was responsible for leaking the security tapes were definitely wrong. She was at fault as well, for not being more attentive. But sure, she has the right to sue if it's allowed by the law, no matter how selfish her motives might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    She is just seeing an opportunity to try to get some money without doing anything for it. I'm continually disgusted by that part of our culture.
    Well, she does have a criminal record - http://readingeagle.com/Article.aspx?id=280672

Apparently, all she wants is an apology and the usual martyr ideation of being an example that warns people of dangers and stuff. Who knows really, either she was too naive or really stupid in thinking that this wouldn't receive so much publicity. Maybe she really thought she'd get away with it and wash away the YouTube shame with money, but things blew up in her face.

Personally, it seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through, with all the public laughing, fingerpointing and doubts about the sincerity of her motives. Getting a good court settlement isn't guaranteed. Maybe the publicity helps, she could write a book, a TV movie maybe...

MBTI
    INTP

What a silly, silly child

If I were running the mall and she asked for an apology, I'd tell her to go jump in the lake (or fall in the lake, as her preference dictates). It would be an easy way out of the situation, but it's so obviously unjust that I couldn't do it. All her wounds here are self-inflicted.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    If I were running the mall and she asked for an apology, I'd tell her to go jump in the lake (or fall in the lake, as her preference dictates). It would be an easy way out of the situation, but it's so obviously unjust that I couldn't do it. All her wounds here are self-inflicted.
    I would apologize to play on her entitlement complex and build her up and up and up and up until she becomes truly monstrous and unmanageable, then I would release her into some other environment and watch some other people try to deal with her. She has the ego, we just need to refine it into something much more amusing. Suing malls is just the beginning, she isn't reaching her full potential.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...y-aid-23909987

So what do you think, should this woman have a right so sue over something like this? We're the security offiers wrong for posting this video on the internet?
    She should have the right to sue, and the judge should have the right to throw it out of court.