User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 132

  1. #31
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I read an article where a friend of Loughner's said that he enjoys lucid dreaming more than living in the real world. If that's true, whatever punishment he receives should keep him from being able to dream.
    Just because he did not play by other people's rules?

  2. #32
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    id say the worst punishment for him would be self-inflicted shame for life once he is rehabilitated. if people are gonna whine about him costing us our tax money, then write a letter to your governer/congressman about releasing some of the thousands upon thousands marijuana offense inmates.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  3. #33
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Just because he did not play by other people's rules?
    What is your point? It's not like he was arrested because he had too many unpaid parking tickets.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #34
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    You're focusing on the wrong thing, the negative repercussions for one man, instead of the positive impact he could still have for an entire society. Think big! If nothing else, he could be studied carefully. This is probably the most significant response that will happen, once the trial is over and done with. We have much to learn about madness.

  5. #35
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Just because he did not play by other people's rules?
    Other people's rules about not killing people? Yeah. Those.
    Something Witty

  6. #36
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What is your point? It's not like he was arrested because he had too many unpaid parking tickets.
    I merely dislike the air of moral righteousness exhibited in this thread, speaking as though Loughner had indubitably forfeited his right to live by killing a few people.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I merely dislike the air of moral righteousness exhibited in this thread, speaking as though Loughner had indubitably forfeited his right to live by killing a few people.
    Amazing what we can convince ourselves is correct, isn't it.

  8. #38
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    As far as I know, Mengele, a man who is responsible for the death of 400,000 people, did not have a bad conscience. He considered himself a scientist and his work important.
    Right. Does anyone think it's a good idea if we as a society through our policies create a bunch of mengeles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    If we can convince entire nations that wars are just and good, surely we can convince doctors to aid the mentally ill.
    Why would it even take convincing?
    Don't doctors naturally want to aid the ill?
    Which raises the question as to whether or not lobotomies actually "aid" the mentally ill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It isn't difficult at all, I would even volunteer myself
    I'm against lobotomies... even if you're the one being lobotomized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    to build upon this fantastic and progressive rhetoric,
    Do you have any what you are progressing towards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    if only to preserve the sanctity of life.
    wut?

    How the hell does ripping out of someone the ability to think and feel and then treating them like work oxen in any way preserve the sanctity of life?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  9. #39
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    The human superorganism must be capable of self-preservation. Protection from erratic, non-functioning outsiders is merely one of many facets for survival, is it not?

  10. #40
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Right. Does anyone think it's a good idea if we as a society through our policies create a bunch of mengeles?
    I assume you already have executioners.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Jared Lee Loughner?
    By + patch in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 11:55 PM
  2. Preschool, Yes or No?
    By Tigerlily in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 12:18 AM
  3. Wii or No?
    By Sunshine in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
  4. Homeschooling: yes or no?
    By Oberon in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO