123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI
    INTj

Meh. I'll take universal coversage ftw

MBTI
    TiSe

Universal Health Care scares me. I am not sure how old most of you are, however car insurance was made from the same mode. When I was a teenager, it was optional, however government made it mandatory the same as Hillary is going to make her health coverage. Obama continues to argue that point, however as usual no one listens until it's too late.

That's not knocking Hillary, because I see all the candidates have something to offer this year, but she seems resolute about universal health coverage about like G.W. was resolute in getting into Irag to clean up dad's unfinished business. That's just scary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yeah, Hilary's model seems like it would be more of a protection for the health care industry that it would be a help to citizens.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Universal Health Care scares me. I am not sure how old most of you are, however car insurance was made from the same mode. When I was a teenager, it was optional, however government made it mandatory the same as Hillary is going to make her health coverage. Obama continues to argue that point, however as usual no one listens until it's too late.

That's not knocking Hillary, because I see all the candidates have something to offer this year, but she seems resolute about universal health coverage about like G.W. was resolute in getting into Irag to clean up dad's unfinished business. That's just scary.
    How is it scary? It seems to me like you're trying to compare completely different situations (car insurance, Iraq) to universalized health care. I don't see the connections.

From a strictly utilitarian standpoint, universalized healthcare makes sense. Will every person be better off? No. But more people will have the care that they lack now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think we definitely need to do something and I'm not opposed to universal health care. The current system is not acceptable. In a nation as wealthy as this one, medical treatment should be a right, not a luxury.

I don't know if the stats are still the same, but a few years ago, half of all bankruptcies where a result, not of irresponsible people living beyond their means as fiscal conservatives would have us believe, but of medical bills.

Becoming seriously ill is devastating enough all on it's own. It's shouldn't carry with it a certainty of financial ruin.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

There's a problem with our system, but making it 'free' won't help. When something is 'free', the quality goes down. Copying Canada would be a disaster.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    There's a problem with our system, but making it 'free' won't help. When something is 'free', the quality goes down. Copying Canada would be a disaster.
    What about a basic level of care that everyone gets, and then if people choose, they can add to the basic plan?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    What about a basic level of care that everyone gets, and then if people choose, they can add to the basic plan?
    That sounds nice, but I worry about overloaded emergency rooms. If you only include preventative care and catastrophic injuries/sickness, I can get on board with that. I just worry about people abusing the system with minor issues where they wouldn't normally see a doctor, but do so because it's free.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That sounds nice, but I worry about overloaded emergency rooms. If you only include preventative care and catastrophic injuries/sickness, I can get on board with that. I just worry about people abusing the system with minor issues where they wouldn't normally see a doctor, but do so because it's free.
    A lot of times it's the uninsured who use the emergency room for non-emergencies because doctors do not want to see them if they cannot pay, but ERs are required to see them. Emergency rooms are not fun places to be treated. You have to wait forever, they are crowded, and often the staff is in a hurry and not as accommodating as the staff in a doctor's office would be. There are those who would abuse it despite all that, but not that many, I think, especially if they had access to an after hours clinic or something.
    ~ John Rogers