User Tag List

First 2425051525354 Last

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think what he means is he knows he'll lose.
    In a rap battle? Most certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Your attempt to tear down our, and more specifically my arguments are quaint, but you're clearly overextending yourself.
    Is that why you always fail to counter with actual arguments?

Who's beliefs should I post about someone elses?
    You should attempt to show how your beliefs are relevant. Mere confessions are futile.

I thought the whole point of this discussion was to wring out our ideas in the crucible of public discourse.
    Aha.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, here's what I understand from the arguments.

1. Gun control is effective at reducing murder rates in parts of Europe and some other countries because their law enforcement and political philosophies permit the government to have such control.

2. Gun control would NOT be effective here because of the way American culture and society have developed.

Therefore, I would suggest that the solution is to use a careful and extensive social engineering program to change American society into a society more closely resembling Western Europe, and THEN implement similar policies. It would take several generations, but... problem solved, after that.

All we have to do is find a way to keep people from developing pro-gun opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Therefore, I would suggest that the solution is to use a careful and extensive social engineering program to change American society into a society more closely resembling Western Europe, and THEN implement similar policies. It would take several generations, but... problem solved, after that.
    Our opponents decidedly do not want to hear that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You should attempt to show how your beliefs are relevant. Mere confessions are futile.
    My nations existence is proof that the concepts I espouse are relevant.

Like I have said before, regardless of civilizations evolution and modernization, power will always corrupt the hearts of men.

As long as that continues to happen, their constituents will always need means insituting government change outside of the legislative system.

You would just further concentrate the power in the hands of elected officials, whose desire for self preservation only increaes as they become more and more accustomed to a life of liesure.

Later gator.

More specifically, this website can't even come close to being representative of the American populace (more intellectual, and probably more progressive). In lieu of that a vote would be meaningless except to assure you of your false high ground.

My nations existence is proof that the concepts I espouse are relevant.
    You need to elaborate on that.

Like I have said before, regardless of civilizations evolution and modernization, power will always corrupt the hearts of men.

As long as that continues to happen, their constituents will always need means insituting government change outside of the legislative system.
    If the government becomes so corrupt that you need means outside of the legislative system to fix it, your country is fucked either way.

You would just further concentrate the power in the hands of elected officials, whose desire for self preservation only increaes as they become more and more accustomed to a life of liesure.
    Those in power have an interest to keep the populace content. Read Machiavelli.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You need to elaborate on that.
    Ask Peguy, he's a better historian than I am.

If the government becomes so corrupt that you need means outside of the legislative system to fix it, your country is fucked either way.
    :rolli:

Your inability to invision a world where revolution (violent if necessary) is still necessary, highlights your narowness.

Those in power have an interest to keep the populace content. Read Machiavelli.
    I have...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

Just think of it as an extension of the democratic process. The side with the most guns wins, and as long as the majority can overthrow the government, the system should be perfectly acceptable and well within the bounds of democracy. Call it a failsafe, call it paranoia, but don't say it doesn't work.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Our opponents decidedly do not want to hear that.
    Oh, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to hear this. This agenda is already being pushed... it's not news.

Ask Peguy, he's a better historian than I am.
    That leads me to believe that you are unable explain your own 'arguments'.

Your inability to invision a world where revolution (violent if necessary) is still necessary, highlights your narowness.
    I am perfectly able to do that. You fail to understand my words: When revolution is necessary, your 'country' is gone, your rights and laws do no longer matter. You cannot have a revolution and afterwards return to business as usual.