User Tag List

First 384647484950 Last

Smile Comparative Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I need to get some enemies, this looks fun
    Of course if you were half smart, you would outsource all your bureaucracy to Australia and reap the benefits of comparative advantage.

They say comparisons are odious but comparisons make possible advantage.

So first we need to understand our comparative histories to see where comparative advantage might lie.

We do have a free trade agreement between us so it behoves us to make the best of it.

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    But hey if this doesn't work I could always see if I can't get you put on a terrorist watch list by friends I've made while attending DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) committee hearings in the Hart Senate building.

(that would probably make travel a little more interesting for you and your family)
    i think your friends would be horrified at your entry-level bragging and your implication that they would compromise their integrity in order to help you settle a lame internet spat.

pro tip: politics is a ruthless game and naive, indiscreet pups can quickly find themselves in a hot mess.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i think your friends would be horrified at your entry-level bragging and your implication that they would compromise their integrity in order to help you settle a lame internet spat.
    You don't know his friends. Don't be so presumptuous.

Sniffles

My government can kick your government's ass. The plot thickens.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Tired of talking about it.

My final point is this.

I personally love the latitude that my gov't allows me, in being able to determine what is best for me and my needs. It belies a trust of the gov't in it's people that I think is absent most other places in the world.

It raises my hackels any time the gov't surplants my decision making process with its own on the grounds that it knows whats best for me to a greater extent than I do.

This issue is deeply personal for me, and I don't take kindly to the styles of argument that have been employed against me.

I may have reacted harshly, but we play with the toys God gives us.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

pro tip: politics is a ruthless game and naive, indiscreet pups can quickly find themselves in a hot mess.
    If you think I'm dumb enough to mention any of this somewhere where it could come back to bite me, then the mistake is yours.

I'm more savvy than you give me credit for my dear girl.

I wouldn't have made it "this" far if speed bumps like that were tripping me up.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If you think I'm dumb enough to mention any of this somewhere where it could come back to bite me [...]
    On the internet, for instance?

MBTI
    yupp

i would like to point out that guns are banned in chicago. you know who has guns gang members and criminals. so yeah banning guns won't keep them out of hands of criminals. also criminals usually do not want registered guns as it can be traced back to them. spray paint's also banned, but we still have grafitti, people go to indiana and buy spray paint than sell it to others in the city on the black market.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

No oversight buckaroo.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i would like to point out that guns are banned in chicago. you know who has guns gang members and criminals. so yeah banning guns won't keep them out of hands of criminals. also criminals usually do not want registered guns as it can be traced back to them. spray paint's also banned, but we still have grafitti, people go to indiana and buy spray paint than sell it to others in the city on the black market.
    If laws mean nothing and have no impact, why have them at all?