User Tag List

First 374546474849 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I probably wouldn't come without some concession here.

There are only so many cards I will allow you to hold.

Would you spot me if I had on glasses, changed my hair color, had a tan and had dropped 20 pounds.

Could you spot me if I had spent the previous week walking around the city in question in an attempt to better understand (and mimic) the clothing styles and habits of the local populace?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I probably wouldn't come without some concession here.
    Why do you want to come in the first place?

Would you spot me if I had on glasses, changed my hair color, and had dropped 20 pounds.
    I recognized Tim from 'Jurassic Park' in 'The Social Network'.

Could you spot me if I had spent the previous week walking around the city in question in an attempt to better understand (and mimic) the clothing styles and habits of the local populace?
    I doubt there are any significant ones.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been around Europe a little but never to Germany.

I love beer and also enjoy bratwurst.

I would like to look into your eye, just once, and see what (if anything) is there.

I would like to shake your hand and get a measure of you.

Or I might want something else entirely...

You'll never know unless you try.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

But hey if this doesn't work I could always see if I can't get you put on a terrorist watch list by friends I've made while attending DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) committee hearings in the Hart Senate building.

(that would probably make travel a little more interesting for you and your family)

But hey if this doesn't work I could always see if I can't get you put on a terrorist watch list by friends I've made while attending DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) committee hearings in the Hart Senate building.

(that would probably make travel a little more interesting for you and your family)
    Now you suddenly don't want to be friends anymore? I believe you should think twice before you threaten someone you suspect to be soulless.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I never wanted to be friends.

You know that.

I try not to make threats... only promises.

The only thing that would give me pause is consideration of whether your tactical and strategic planning ability could outmatch my own.

Also, more viscerally, whether you could best me in hand to hand combat, which you couldn't.

There has been no pause so far.

When I said you will be my enemy until there is no longer breath in these lungs I meant it.

HAHAHAHHAHAAH.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

I try not to make threats... only promises.
    Good to know. I will come back to that when you are running for a public office.

The only thing that would give me pause is consideration of whether your tactical and strategic planning ability could outmatch my own.
    I doubt it. After all, only the lord himself is a little greater than you are.

Also, more viscerally, whether you could best me in hand to hand combat, which you couldn't.
    That I can tell you right away: I could not.

When I said you will be my enemy until there is no longer breath in these lungs I meant it.
    Fat people run out of breath quite soon, right?

MBTI
    INTP

I need to get some enemies, this looks fun

Smile A Competent Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'll admit, our constitution has certainly been elevated to something resembling the divine, but people can change what they create and change what they know. One generation, for example, can do or undo just about anything a previous generation can. It only requires the will to do so.
    Um, what I was trying to say was that your Constitution is based on ideas whereas our is based on procedure. So yours is ideological and ours is administrative.

I myself am in love with ideas and I find your Constitution to be rousing and even compelling, while i find ours to be as dull as a government department.

But having such a dull Constitution and a little luck, we have been able to maintain our Sovereignity intact. And so our Soverign Parliament is able to pass legislation for the greatest good for the greatest number. And in particular we have been able to stop gun massacres.

But what is most interesting is that it points to our fundamental orientations. So you will always be orientated to ideas. And even if you manage to change your Constitutiion, it will always remain a Constitution of ideas. And you will always remain ideologues.

And having a procedural Constitution, we will always be orientated to procedure. In fact what Australians excel at is bureaucracy. The archetypal Australian is not Crocodile Dundee but a competent bureaucrat.