User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's easy to suggest things if you don't have to put together a way to effect them in reality.
    Indeed. I do not intend to do anything else.

But what if the advantages DON'T outweigh the disadvantages? Which advantages are there? I would guess that a large majority of Americans would find a gun ban to be extremely disadvantageous. I don't own a gun, and I've never even fired a real handgun in my life, but I would vigorously oppose a handgun ban. And, as I've pointed out before, the tightest gun control in the U.S. is almost always in the most violent areas, and it has done nothing to stop the violence. I would like a concrete proposal for your campaign, including data that provides legitimate evidence that what you're proposing will actually help. You seem to have taken the position "Guns are bad; if people are informed of this, they'll agree with me." What if your position is actually incorrect, and the people who do not want a gun ban are right about this?
    I am not interested enough to devise a detailed plan. The questions you raise - for the mere sake of arguing, I suspect - have been discussed on about 30 pages of this thread.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Indeed. I do not intend to do anything else.
    Seems pretty lazy to me. I would think this campaign to win hearts and minds would be crucial to your plan.

I am not interested enough to devise a detailed plan. The questions you raise - for the mere sake of arguing, I suspect - have been discussed on about 30 pages of this thread.
    No, I really want to know why you believe this gun ban A) would work; B) is necessary or even preferable; and C) how it could implemented with a generally hostile populace.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Seems pretty lazy to me. I would think this campaign to win hearts and minds would be crucial to your plan.
    I have no reason to work on such a campaign. It is your country and your killings.

No, I really want to know why you believe this gun ban A) would work; B) is necessary or even preferable; and C) how it could implemented with a generally hostile populace.
    A) Because almost anything works if only people believe in it. Have you read 'Animal Farm'?
    B) Fewer people would be shot.
    C) If it were implemented, the populace would not be generally hostile. Those who fight for their former right using guns are criminals: they shall be punished.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Those who fight for their former right using guns are criminals: they shall be punished.
    The first few that come to take their arms away would be punished first.

That would be murder.

Oberon

Disco, I'm telling you, his self-assurance is impenetrable. He would have no problem inflicting a civil war on this country in order to save us from ourselves.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Disco, I'm telling you, his self-assurance is impenetrable. He would have no problem inflicting a civil war on this country in order to save us from ourselves.
    This is the sign of a true believer. We should be moved by such faith and certainty of action.

If the support is broad enough to change the constitution, is it likely that there will still be enough people on the other side to start a civil war worth mentioning?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBHtjZmSpw"]A brief history[/YOUTUBE]
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari