User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    So, based on this logic and the above example:

1) Women should carry guns, because they are weaker than men and thus unable to defend themselves.
    2) Men should now carry guns as well, because now all women have guns, thus men are unable to defend themselves.
    3) Children should carry guns, because all women and men carry guns.

Don't you guys see that you let your fears control your lives and through that make your country less safe?
    Why is it any of my business if someone feels the need to defend their body/children/home with a stick, a call to the police, or a gun? Different strokes, my friend. Perhaps this is a classic example of the American Melting Pot analogy. You have all these people, with all these great inventions and varying levels of anxiety, and you throw them all together and call it America. I like that idea.

MBTI
    INTJ

So, based on this logic and the above example:

1) Women should carry guns, because they are weaker than men and thus unable to defend themselves.
    2) Men should now carry guns as well, because now all women have guns, thus men are unable to defend themselves.
    3) Children should carry guns, because all women and men carry guns.

Don't you guys see that you let your fears control your lives and through that make your country less safe?
    I heard Finland has high suicide rate. You guys should ban rope, razors, and sleeping pills.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Why is it any of my business if someone feels the need to defend their body/children/home with a stick, a call to the police, or a gun?
    I guess I value life more than individual freedom to do whatever, then. It should not be that easy to take a life. Even if it is a bad person. If you really want to kill someone, I definitely want you to be face to face with the person, and not get away without being soaked in blood. It shouldn't be just a press of a button.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I heard Finland has high suicide rate. You guys should ban rope, razors, and sleeping pills.
    I am actually for suicide. If someone wants to check out, they should be able to.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am actually for suicide. If someone wants to check out, they should be able to.
    And I'm for justifiable homicide. If someone is threatening to take an innocent life, they should be checked out.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

How about threatening to steal your plasma-tv?

MBTI
    INTP

I guess I value life more than individual freedom to do whatever, then. It should not be that easy to take a life. Even if it is a bad person. If you really want to kill someone, I definitely want you to be face to face with the person, and not get away without being soaked in blood. It shouldn't be just a press of a button.
    I'm beginning to see that this is much less of a political/cultural/national issue, and more of a clash of rigid ideals, unshakeable with words or an outsider's perspective. You've drawn a line in the sand to mark the value of human life, just as every other tribe of people has, and if you can live up to that, then I will admire you. In any case, I can see this that discussion has reached an acceptable conclusion.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Fair enough, but remember that your sand line is equally invalid.

MBTI
    INTP

Fair enough, but remember that your sand line is equally invalid.
    Equally valid

Don't be so pessimistic, and don't convince yourself that there can only be one correct answer to a profound philosophical question pertaining to the value of human life.

MBTI
    INTJ

How about threatening to steal your plasma-tv?
    I don't think anyone should be executed for theft of a TV. However, if you are in the process of burglarizing a house and the owner of the house feels threatened by your presence... well, then sucks to be you.

You see, criminal behavior has a nasty habit of escalation (read up on what happened to Fran Drescher), and I'm more willing to err on the side of a victim than the criminal.